Anybody ever ordered service through GWDish.com?

...... But you can't say we don't exist. And most of us don't want to be Listed on the Dish Site as a retailer by the way. We don't want you to even go TO the Dish Website.. :)

I most certainly am NOT saying you don't exist. I'm saying local retailer is the way to go. But some of us don't have much in the way of that option, even in Metro areas.

When the time comes, I'll peruse the Yellow Pages. But the last time I did that, I got a lot of "order takers" that did not actually do installs, or even understood what they were "selling."

I signed up 3 customers today. 1 dish & 2 directv, all were referrals from others I've helped. I also get a lot of work when the 800 #'s fail to meet someones expectations. I embrace them because I can do things many don't have time for or allowed to do.

To update my thread here, I decided to order everything through skyviewmark since he is local to me. Decided not to take the risk going through GWDish.com. From talking to Mark so far through PM here and email I know I made the right choice. He will install everything Saturday!

Here's a thought..........

Why not have a local retailer satellite guys section. I know many dealers are not listed on dish's site. What a great way to meet other members while helping them out.

For me personally I wouldn't mind making a donation to the site for every person that I signed up from here.

I think more and more people are going the way of using Dish directly because there are fewer and fewer local retailers, especially good ones. One of the reasons more people are using Dish directly is because they end up covering so many things for free that a local retailer just can't afford. For example: a customer wants me to ugrade them to a Hopper with Sling. I'm going to charge them the upgrade fee for the Hopper with Sling plus the tech visit fee of $95 unless they are under the service plan and got their Dish originally from us. Another is when a customer puts a new roof up and Dish tells them they will point the Dish for them for free. That is not a warranty call and we charge for it.

I know not every retailer is the greatest and Dish may do it cheaper but I'm a firm believer in supporting local, family run businesses. We're a dying breed.

I would also like to say that I consider my business to be a good Dish retailer and we have lots of happy customers but we have also pissed off our fair share of customers. Not everyone is perfect so just because you heard that a friend had a bad experience with one doesn't mean they are no good at what they do. We all have bad days or even weeks.

The sign of a good dealer isn't whether they have complaints, but how they handle the resolution imo.

When I switched back to Dish, I didn't even call Dish at all as I knew they were soggy about 2 Hopper only installs and I wasn't interested in any other configuration. Called a local dealer that is also a personal friend and was installed the next day. Had a couple simple issues, called an he was out the same day to fix it.

Why not have a local retailer satellite guys section. I know many dealers are not listed on dish's site. What a great way to meet other members while helping them out.....

What a great idea! I'd be first in line to call such a dealer. And it might attract more people, both dealers and customers, to the site.

Sent via the SatGuys app on my iPhone, hence no "Like" or "Great Idea" buttons.

I will say this 1 last thing.

Signing up a customer & having somebody else install it is altogether different than doing both. Delivering what has been promised is rarely to never an issue when it's a 1 stop shop.

Why not have a local retailer satellite guys section. I know many dealers are not listed on dish's site. What a great way to meet other members while helping them out.

For me personally I wouldn't mind making a donation to the site for every person that I signed up from here.
The issue with that is I have no way of verifying who is a local retailer... even the retailers who sell nationwide have a local office somewhere... How do I screen the good from the bad?

Scott you have a point. It will give me something to ponder on this afternoon.

I agree it would be next to impossible to figure out the good from the bad.. But there are still good ones out here.. .. See you Saturday Deep South. You won't be disappointed.

I ordered through GWDish and so far so good. I got $50 upfront and $150 gift card seven days after the install.

They are just order takers and Dish does all the rest. They will most likely have some contractor do the install and I will watch them like a hawk. Five years ago a Dish contractor did the install (I placed the order through the Dish website then) and put the dish on a pink brick (I am not kidding you..) It took three more visits by Dish repairmen to get the job done right.

If I knew someone personally who can do the install that is one thing, but I am in a big city where everyone is transient.. will just have the Dish contractor do it, but now I know what to look for.

Amen!! I believe most retailers care about their customers better since it is our name and reputation that is on the line. I always give my customers my personal phone number and tell them to call me first since I can be there the same day or early the next day as it make Dish several days or a week to get there.

And not really sure what the quantity of my post has to do with how good a retailer someone is? Quality might be a better thing to look at. I have been a member here since 2006. I have seen this site transition from a local do it your self mentality to the new "Let's call Dish" Mentality.. And I miss the old ways. When I put in a system, one of the first things I do is tell my customer to call ME. Never call Dish, unless I don't help them the way they want.. And since it is my name out there in the community that is going to be destroyed if I don't take care of them, I will always move Heaven and Earth to go that extra mile to help them.. So I take exception every time I see someone tell anyone to Bypass the retailer and go straight to Dish..

Amen!! I believe most retailers care about their customers better since it is our name and reputation that is on the line. I always give my customers my personal phone number and tell them to call me first since I can be there the same day or early the next day as it make Dish several days or a week to get there.

I agree with your statement 100%. However in the metro areas people walk a different walk & talk a different talk.

Just chiming in, I am a house tech and in our area you can call and get same day or next day visits. It happens constantly.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts