Anybody ever ordered service through GWDish.com?

Deep South

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
South Alabama
Like the title says, have any of you ever ordered your Dish service through GWDish.com? I did a search here and couldn't find that website listed anywhere except for where a few people linked a Hopper training guide from that website.

Hey, I'm just south of you in Loxley. I'm attracted to ordering from the website I posted because they give you a $150 Visa gift card for ordering through them.

DISH Retailers are not allowed to give gift cards unless those cards are through one of their authorized redemption companies. Does it list who the redemption company is or how much it is to get your gift card shipped to you?

I would be careful I have heard too many stories of people ordering but never getting their free gift. (Which is why DISH made up the rule and assigned authorized redemption houses.

If it does not list these things then stay away.

Be wary of those kind of offers.. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.. But it's always your choice.. But if you want someone who really takes care of you, then always deal with someone local.. I know a guy in Stapleton that is really close to you.. Or I am in Bay Minette.. Either way, it's up to you..

Be wary of those kind of offers.. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.. But it's always your choice.. But if you want someone who really takes care of you, then always deal with someone local.. I know a guy in Stapleton that is really close to you.. Or I am in Bay Minette.. Either way, it's up to you..

So you are a dealer?

My advice everytime this comes up - Use a DIRT member here to place an order, or go directly through DISH. Next would be a local retailer, and never an internet site unless it's from a local retailer. There are excellent local retailers, and not so excellent. If they have many posts here, good chance they are good retailers.

My advice everytime this comes up - Use a DIRT member here to place an order, or go directly through DISH. Next would be a local retailer, and never an internet site unless it's from a local retailer. There are excellent local retailers, and not so excellent. If they have many posts here, good chance they are good retailers.

Awful insulting to us "Good" Retailers. I feel like I offer the same product as Dirt, so why not keep it local??? I do agree with "NEVER" go to a website "telemarketer"

Last edited:

And not really sure what the quantity of my post has to do with how good a retailer someone is? Quality might be a better thing to look at. I have been a member here since 2006. I have seen this site transition from a local do it your self mentality to the new "Let's call Dish" Mentality.. And I miss the old ways. When I put in a system, one of the first things I do is tell my customer to call ME. Never call Dish, unless I don't help them the way they want.. And since it is my name out there in the community that is going to be destroyed if I don't take care of them, I will always move Heaven and Earth to go that extra mile to help them.. So I take exception every time I see someone tell anyone to Bypass the retailer and go straight to Dish..

I keep reading about using a local retailer and it sounds wonderful.

In theory.

Oddly, the only "genuine" full service retailer around here, per the Dish site, is Via Satellite. They never returned my contact asking about a Hopper upgrade. The other local retailers seem to just be order takers or do limited work, such as new customers only.

I'll tilt at that windmill again when I decide (or am forced) to move up to Hopper.

Here are the offer details at GW Dish...

Up to $200 gift card offer qualifications:
1. $200: premium customer with a 24-month contract + AT200 and higher English package + DVR.
2. $150: premium customer with a 24-month contract + AT120 English package, or Hindi Mega Pack, Hindi Super pack, Chinese Great Wall pack. AT200 without DVR.
3. $100: premium customer with a 24-month contract + any other programming package, such as: Smart Package, Hindi Elite, Hindi Premium, Chinese Elite, Chinese Jadeworld, Taiwan Mega Pack and all other international programming packages.
4. $50: Non-premium customers, all Latino packages.
5. Gift card will be sent to you 1 week after the installation. No rebate form required.
6. You can use a Dish Network referral code, but the combined cash back will be the same as without a referral code. The benefit to use a referral code is to give your friend $50 credit in their account.
7. Offer valid to 5/21/2013.

He only pays the higher rebate if your a so called "Premium" customer which is flagged in the DISH Network system as a low credit risk, and get AT200 or higher and get a DVR.

If your not a "PREMIUM" customer, then you get a $50 gift card.

When we did Dishstore rebates, they where up to $125. Granted you had to pass the credit check to get Dish, but we never never offered our rebate based if the customer had a higher credit score, because its really misleading as only 20% of the customers would qualify as premium anyways.

First I was not insulting at all I was very clear, you just read what you wanted. How does number of posts matter? First, it shows they have at least been around for awhile and may have some experience. Second, it shows an interest in the profession to come here and post and be interactive. Third, it could mean they keep up with everything and when a customer has a problem or question, they are familiar with it. There are a couple who post here that I wish were in my area. (Though no complaint on the installers who have come)
As for DIRT, a matter of trust.

I keep reading about using a local retailer and it sounds wonderful.

In theory.

Oddly, the only "genuine" full service retailer around here, per the Dish site, is Via Satellite. They never returned my contact asking about a Hopper upgrade. The other local retailers seem to just be order takers or do limited work, such as new customers only.

I'll tilt at that windmill again when I decide (or am forced) to move up to Hopper.

Maybe I live in a fantasy world. In my area within 20 miles are 3 retailers. And If you move further out you find even more. I know most of them personally, and even spend time boating and socializing with many of them. We help each other out. And I call a few of them really good friends. Maybe it is the rural aspect of South Alabama that makes that difference.. Many of us are sole proprietorship which don't carry employees or salesmen. We sell, we install, and we look after our customers.. Maybe that is something the big city folks are missing and can't find.. So every time I hear someone say they can't find a retailer, I wonder where they are looking.. Down here, most of us don't advertise.. We depend on word of mouth to promote our business. We stay in business because we do what it takes to make our customer happy. If you live somewhere without a good retailer, then by all means give Dish a call.. But you can't say we don't exist. And most of us don't want to be Listed on the Dish Site as a retailer by the way. We don't want you to even go TO the Dish Website.. :)

My rule of thumb is always check with your local retailer first. A good local retailer can help you more then a 800 number of website will after the install. :)

Scherrman is an example of a local retailer I would certainly contact for my Dish needs.

I had this very question as I am ready to switch to Dish from DirecTV. I was thinking of giving them a shot but now have second thoughts. It sounds like a DIRT member can take my order? Can they do 2 HWS and 1 Joey (which DISH directly supposedly won't do)?

Also, is the HIC the best setup in this situation? I am pretty flexible but that's how I have it setup with my DirecTV.

Thanks for your assistance. You all are really helpful.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I had this very question as I am ready to switch to Dish from DirecTV. I was thinking of giving them a shot but now have second thoughts. It sounds like a DIRT member can take my order? Can they do 2 HWS and 1 Joey (which DISH directly supposedly won't do)?

Also, is the HIC the best setup in this situation? I am pretty flexible but that's how I have it setup with my DirecTV.

Thanks for your assistance. You all are really helpful.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The pattern is to order 2H/2J and when he arrives, reject the second Joey. Or cancel and return it the next day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts