2 HD TV's

2 Hopper, no Joey.
It all depends on how much you like to record and how many people are going to be watching. I often consume all three tuners on 1 hopper with recordings. My wife yells loud if she can not channel surf.
Yes you can get 2 Hoppers with no Joey, even in an RV. I did it.

2 Hopper, no Joey.
It all depends on how much you like to record and how many people are going to be watching.

Yes, it does. One Hopper or two...they should determine which based on their own needs/habbits. I have three HDTV's and have yet to tax the abilities of one Hopper.

As you can see in my sig, I have a 2 Hopper setup.

My viewing choices differ dramatically from my adult son's and I record a lot. We could have worked around it with a Hopper and a Joey, but it would be a bit of a chore to manage because of all the potential contentions. With my setup, there is never an issue with that. I think it is a worthwhile way to go.

But, trying to do a 2 Hopper only upgrade/new directly from Dish is frustrating as they don't like to sell that model. Go with a local retail installer and it is just another day for them.

What would be the best setup for 2 HD tv's with the Hopper?

The best setup would be 2 Hoppers. The typical setup is 1 Hopper 1 Joey. As previously mentioned, you have to go through loopholes to get 2 Hoppers only from Dish. Local retailers will have no issue with 2 Hoppers and no Joey. The loopholes aren't that complicated though, if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Thanks for all the responses. Considering a 1 Hopper and 1 Joey setup. I have a vip722 with 1 HD and 1 SD out. I recently bought another Wide screen and need a 2 HD out reciever. Also can you tranfer DVR recorded content from a 722 to a Hopper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)