LNB frequencies at the receiver?

Al Fischer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
Clovis, Calif
I have been troubleshooting a signal loss problem that was being caused by too many connectors in my lashup. This is with a Tailgater and a 211k for my RV. I had 3 barrel connectors, 3 right angle connectors and several quick connectors. Turned out that no of the connectors were "rated" for anything. The cumulative loss dropped my signal on 129 28 below 10. This has been working fine for over a year but one or more of the connectors must have degraded. Don't know why, but it worked!

What I would like to know is the actual frequency for the transponders on 129. Only reason is for my total understanding of this situation. I am assuming the 129 28 is close to 2 Ghz as it was extremely week.

Also where can I fine 2 or 3 Ghz rated connectors? The barrel connectors need to be faceplate mounted. Is there a 3 Ghz rated right angle and push on?

Is there a low loss coax AB switch manufactured? (I also have an old crank up Winegard on the roof that can be convenient to use) The Radio Shack switch was also involved in degrading the signal.