Anybody getting Cincinnati Locals

bhodge10

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Hi, i know there are a couple of threads concerning Cincinnati HD locals, but I just got off of the phone with dish and according to the rep, they now have Fox, ABC and NBC in HD? Can anybody confirm this? She had asked me if I'm getting 9902, which I assume is a channel # but since I am at work, I could not confirm.

Only very new customers, i.e. those who signed up for "TurboHD" and have a dish pointed east, i.e. Eastern Arc, will get Cincy's locals (for now). How long have you had Dish service ?

I've been a customer for about 16 months. The interesting thing is when I did a chat, the rep said that I can do an upgrade for $59.95 without a 2 year commitment or get the upgrade for free with a 2 year agreement. I have to upgrade my 522 to a 211 taking advantage of the Dishnitup program which will require me to sign up for 2 years anyways. The chat rep suggested I do the Dishnitup upgrade along with the dish upgrade to receive the locals at the same time. I hope that what they were saying is true.

It looks like it is on now, but I have a little bit of a problem with where my dish is. Looks like I will have a LoS issue, namely my house. No HD locals for me

I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to the satellites, i think i'm getting my locals on 61.5, so will it automatically switch to the 77? I also got new cards in last week, I have swapped the old ones yet, so will that help at all with receiving the new HD?

No, your locals are off of the 110' satellite. Since you have HD programming, you most likely have a dish that points at 110, 119, and 129. Does it point South-Southwest more or less ? A dish pointed at 61.5 points Southeast.

When the person at Dish mentioned a dish upgrade, they were referring to you getting an entirely new dish setup that points at 61.5, 72 (??), and 77, i.e. an "Eastern Arc" dish.

I just checked the DISH website and pulled up the local channel listing for Cincinnati. There are now three local HD channels listed.

CINCINNATI ABC - WCPO IN HD - 5160
CINCINNATI FOX - WXIX IN HD - 5163
CINCINNATI NBC - WLWT IN HD - 5162

Can someone definitively, positively, authoritatively tell me which satellite these 3 particular channels (5160, 5162, 5163) are flying on?

(there have been conflicting statements all over this forum)

Ok, I do show 110 for locals, I also do have a satellite pointing @ 61.5 (confirmed by going to channel 9902). But no luck on the local channels in HD yet.

I just checked the DISH website and pulled up the local channel listing for Cincinnati. There are now three local HD channels listed.

CINCINNATI ABC - WCPO IN HD - 5160
CINCINNATI FOX - WXIX IN HD - 5163
CINCINNATI NBC - WLWT IN HD - 5162

Can someone definitively, positively, authoritatively tell me which satellite these 3 particular channels (5160, 5162, 5163) are flying on?

(there have been conflicting statements all over this forum)
77 Look in the uplink report.