Anybody getting the MGM HD preview on channel 98?

Looks like it wont be on channel 98. Dish just updated their Twitter to say alert your HD friends and let them know the free preview will be on 386 instead.

FYI, the MGM preview channel has a bitrate of about 14.0Mbps while the normal version is at about 3.5Mbps on 61.5W. Makes it seem like this promo is a bit rigged.

I have watched a few movies on the channel. Some have been commercial free and the picture quality is excellent. One movie had 60 seconds or so of commercials for other MGM films showing that month. The movies appear to be uncut.

Can I ask a question that I know has a simple answer, why the two MGM's showing different movies??

Can I ask a question that I know has a simple answer, why the two MGM's showing different movies??
It's like when PBS does it's donation drive. Run good stuff, then slack back. The MGM preview is showing better movies than normal.

Ahh, thanks! knew it was simple :)

The movies they're showing ARE on the regular MGMHD now and then, they're not kicking it up w/different movies. The difference is they're editing the ones on the preview channel, like Thomas Crown Affair, but w/alot of the older ones it doesn't matter either way, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)