Anybody going to downgrade services?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishnetisforme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
California
HI just was wanting to know if anyone was going to downgrade any services in March due to the price increase.I was thinking of getting rid of the tc plus but I would miss GAC!Im still thinking about it.Anyone else thinking about downgrading anything.Thanks.

Directvisforme said:
HI just was wanting to know if anyone was going to downgrade any services in March due to the price increase.I was thinking of getting rid of the tc plus but I would miss GAC!Im still thinking about it.Anyone else thinking about downgrading anything.Thanks.
Not only will I be downgrading, I will be canceling my service from D* on February 28th.

Nope, prices are about the same and nobody's package blows these away, plus I'd lose thge NFL. So as many have said in other threads, no one likes it when the prices go up, but no other services are so much lower for what they offer that it would be worth it. I mean heck, if I had channels I just could live without a downgrade to make a statement, I wouldn't of had those channels to begin with.

I will be dropping the service once the Series 3 TIVO comes out. The only thing keeping me around is the HR10-250. Well, if they ever delivered the 6.2 upgrade, I might consider staying around.

Directvisforme said:
I already did. Removed my sports pak since YES, MSG, FSNY come from my locals, and TC+ gives me Golf Channel.

I am considering removing HBO too

I'm going to carefully consider my options. I very well might drop HD, some receivers, and downgrade too.

I understand D* needs to make money. My gripes are twofold: a price increase this year after stating there would not be one, and a switch to lease plan without a price break for those of us that already own the equipment. After some point the D* must consider the equipment suppliment as being covered. (I have one receiver that is 7 years old now. Can't tell me they feel they need to price that one at the same rate as the new lease...)

Guess I'm also a bit frustrated that the Premium packages haven't added the HD versions of Startz, Cinemax, etc.

Cheers,
Tom

Directvisforme said:

why are you downgrading?? to punish directv??

talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!

try comcrap in pittsburgh, 7% 11.04 , 6% 7.05, 8% 1.06 get the point?

if three dollars is gonna kill you , well...i feel bad for ya!

Hello all. Long time lurker but this is my first post.

Already did lower my service. I went from TC premier to TC+ , Starz & Tivo.
I will go from 113.00 and change to 84.00. Looks like their price increase just cost them 29.00.

Levi

dragon002 said:

Its not just the three dollars the Whole bill is over $80.00 every dollar adds up as with anything.Just going over options its not to punish anyone.If it wasent for GAC being a great channel I would drop tc plus in an instant.

dragon002 said:

LOL! Yeah, where the hell are you going to go? Cable? $hitNetwork? Cable's closest thing to TC+ is $68.95 then $8.95 for a recorder box plus DVR fee of $4.95then $7.50 for each standard digital box. DTV can raise rates because cable cost more and the blame goes to $hitnetwork for raising their rates so DTV would be dumb not to take advantage since they don't take away channels in the middle of the night and still offer a competitive price. Thank Charlie for the price increase.

Grasshopper AZ said:
Hello all. Long time lurker but this is my first post. Already did lower my service. I went from TC premier to TC+ , Starz & Tivo. I will go from 113.00 and change to 84.00. Looks like their price increase just cost them 29.00.
Levi

Ah Grasshopper! Welcome.

Its not just the three dollars the Whole bill is over $80.00 every dollar adds up as with anything

Yeah, and with everybody charging $3-5 more a month plus the obscene increases for gas and energy then the sh*t (PRICE INCREASES) are getting old fast.
Then you have stagnant wages, high taxes and deflation (the real inflation) then many people will start hurting. Then if China who's been financing the US debt moves away from the dollar then things may get real bad fast because this country has lived beyond its means.

Roger said:
Then you have stagnant wages and deflation (the real inflation) then many people will start hurting.

Actually the economy is very strong, growing fast enough to push price increases and bump rates up. The same old supply & demand; it is the cycle we work with.

ahhh, charper, you are a wise man!!

and china, screw em tell em we aint gonna pay, sue us!!

bet we can kill more of them faster than they can react.

It is actually China's rampant economy growth and expansion that is putting a drain on the oil / energy reserves in the world thus driving up the costs. (among a few others, they are leading they way) Heck just about any raw material you can think of they are using them at a record pace.

charper1 said:
Actually the economy is very strong, growing fast enough to push price increases and bump rates up. The same old supply & demand; it is the cycle we work with.

I disagree especially if you pay cash for everything. The last time I looked the national savings rate was -(minus) .01% so many are living on debt. The losers are taken out of the NASDAQ and IMO the increased interest rates are done to slow inflation and the housing market is way overpriced and that bubble will break soon IMO. You can't go on forever spending trillions more than you make especially since the manufacturing base is gone with many of the CSR and tech jobs. I say things are much worst than the media lets on.

Peoples living on debt has litte bearing or corolation to the strength of the actual economy, it means that THEY alone are living outside of their own means. If you make $20k but own two 50k SUV and a $325k home along with your monthly bills, you are in way over your own head. THIS is the situation MOST Americans put themselves in, they have to maintain a rich-looking lifestyle.

The US deficit figure is nothing more than paper that really means nothing in the larger scheme of the true economy, but it does make up a small portion. It is blown up to be more than it really is.

http://www.ustreas.gov/education/faq/markets/national-debt.shtml

Last edited:
charper1 said:
It is actually China's rampant economy growth and expansion that is putting a drain on the oil / energy reserves in the world thus driving up the costs. (among a few others, they are leading they way) Heck just about any raw material you can think of they are using them at a record pace.
I don't buy it. Of course China and India are using more fuel but many there make pennies on the dollar and can't afford to pay $2.49 a gallon when they make like $60 a month. I've followed the alternative media for years and heard experts talk about the energy supply as a scam so they can rape the middle class. Everything that's happening today I've heard a couple of years ago as predictions come true. At the last Bilderberg conference Henry Kissinger was quoted as saying that it will be good for oil to be $150 a barrel and it will be after the next crisis.
You can look it up on the net but look for the author who wrote the Non-Energy Crisis and his background and he's been telling what's going to happen now for years because he was on the inside and sat-in during the meetings. He states and others as well that there is enough oil in one oil field (Prudough Bay sp?) that will supply the US with the projected increase for at least the next 100 years and this field was drilled and capped in the 70's I believe. It's a scam that the elite uses as an instrument of control.
Standard Oil was broken up and now with all the mergers and buyouts there is very little competition especially with refining where these big companies bought out all the family or little refineries and closed many of their own since the 70's thus creating the supply and demand problem so it's a false or created short supply.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)