Anybody have Star Wars Battlefront II for Xbox?

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
I'm having the hardest time trying to get system link working for my kids. I consider myself a pretty technical guy, but this one has me stumped. I have 2 systems hooked up to a Dlink DI-624 router. Both can access Live. Kids have played other games via system link with no issues, but BF2 is currently their favorite.

I have a theory on this one, as I have the same issue. I have had no problems with system link and BF2 until I signed up with Live. At that time, last week, I received the latest dashboard for the XBox and an update to BF2. I also downloaded the Kashyk Assault and the Expansion Pack for BF2. Now all of a sudden, System Link does not work. I emailed tech support at LucasArts to see if they can fix it.

Do you use two accounts for Live? If so, you may be able to log into XBox Live and then choose System Link. I've noticed in BF2 that once you log into Live, and select System Link, It shows your friends list. If you use 2 accounts, you may be able to add both accounts as friends and play that way, although it may go out to the internet and slow you down.

I don't think it is a problem with your router or Live would not work. Most networking works fine on the same side of the router.

Have you downloaded the Expansion Pack or the Kashyk Assault?

BTW, for people that have switched to the 360, this game has JUST been added to the compatibility list so it will run on the 360 now.....

The 2nd copy of BF2 was rented, so I only had it for a week. I tried everything I could think of during that time. I only have 1 Live account at the moment, so only 1 Xbox is configured for Live. I may rent it again and give ti another shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)