Anybody hear of this Reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BarneyBean

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
The Captain 8000 HDTV Reciever. Has AC3 audio and Blind scan, plus I saw them for as low as 279.00US. It dosent do 4:2:2 but neither do the others so why pay 500 bucks. Just google it and read the specs

someone here is selling one in the classifieds, but for more than what you are seeing.
I read up on it and decided against it and went with the Pansat 9200 as I really liked my experience with the 3500sd and wish I never sold it. I just get and itchy tech finger and always want to play with new stuff. Plus with the 9200, I won't be missing all the HD feeds out there anymore

It seems if your impatient and want a HD reciever this might not be bad. Heck the AC3 audio makes it better than the Viewsat and 200 bucks cheaper

At the prices I'm seeing, I'm surprised there are no reviews or comments?

I've Googled and seen a few mentions of it, but no real objective reviews.

This could be a really good box that hasn't caught on, or a really bad one! :confused:

I might take one for the team, but with my inexperience, I don't know that I'd be a good reviewer :rolleyes:

sure it has blindscan ?

Ive been told the company is going through some restructuring and that firmware bug fix's might not happen. so make sure if you buy it, your happy with it, any bugs might not ever get fixed.

Im allways leary of going to these new ird companies as many tend to be fly by night. pansat, fortec, coolsat, etc have been around for quite some time and are really good about fixing any bugs in their firmware.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)