Anybody here from canada?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not quite. I'm actually driving a school bus to put myself through college, and from the research I've done, I could make $5g more up there per year than I can down here ( More now that the CAN is kicking the dollar's ass), and as a minnesotan, I could get canadian citizen's tuition at the U of winnipeg, which has a decent teacher's program.

It's good to hear a couple of canadians sound off on this issue, truth be told, the potential loss of my DTV, more than the distance from family, friends and the occasional warm day, was the largest mark in the "con" column when considering a move away from this republican-infested quagmire we call a country. It's nice to assuage that fear a bit.

I'll keep you guys informed, but you can rest assured, unless you hear the phrase "President Barack Obama" repeatedly around January of '09 I'll be buying a heavier winter coat and studying Canadian history.

Thanks again

Enrage,

Good luck to ya. When you come back to visit do not goof on the Homeland Security guys. Most of them used to be DTV techs before they learned to keep their fly up and their shirt in.

And I hope you find a slot up there. I understand many of the folks who voted with their feet during the unpleasantness in Vietnam stayed.

Joe

Enrage,

Good luck to ya. When you come back to visit do not goof on the Homeland Security guys. Most of them used to be DTV techs before they learned to keep their fly up and their shirt in.

And I hope you find a slot up there. I understand many of the folks who voted with their feet during the unpleasantness in Vietnam stayed.

Joe

I'll have to keep that in mind, one of my lifelong goals is to avoid a cavity search, but we'll see how that goes.

If I go through all the trouble of getting a visa and moving all my things up there, it's unlikely I'll ever come back, at least not to live. My moral and political differences with this country aside, I've always been a big fan of having some space to live on, a few acres of land, and that just ain't happening here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New Install Few Problems

New HD Channels??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)