Anybody know of a Shortwave Radio list or forum?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My dad had an old shortwave that I sort of took over since they wanted to throw it out a few years back. It's an huge ancient thingy with a real wooden handle on it.

Since the time that I got it the face plate has busted so you can't really tell what channel you are on. It's a nice old radio from the 70s... has am/fm/shorwave/old police band and a couple of others too. I remember as a kid we used to use walkie talkies to send signals to it on really low mhz frequencies. I'd love to start fiddling with that stuff or get a new one, if it's worth it. You shoulda seen the looks on the faces of my coworkers the few days I brought it in before I finally went out and bought a 5.00 walmart special am/fm radio that I can fit in my desk...

Ice,

Shortwave is my first love when it comes to TV/Radio. While watching feeds and seeing foreign channels on the dish is really fun, it can't compare to picking out domestic stations from South America or hearing remote islands in the Pacific.

Anyway, both Passport and Monitoring Times have been mentioned as good places to start. For websites, I check out dxing.com and worldofradio.com for news.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)