Anybody using an ATSC card with DvbViewer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oncewaslost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
I have been testing DvbViewer Pro with DVB-S cards for a few weeks and REALLY like it! I have tested it with a skystar2 and a twinhan 1025.

I have tried adding an air2pc atsc card without much success. I can get it to work on the free version, but not the pro version. The air2pc appears to have a weak tuner. With the free version, it will not tune some channels that I can tune with an HDTV and a MYHD card.

I have requested a list of supported ATSC cards on the DvbViewer forum without a response.

My goal is to have one DVB-S and two ATSC cards in this box. I would love to hear some success stories that anyone has had with ATSC cards and DvbViewer Pro.

The problem is with DVBViewer. I have the same problem with three different ATSC cards and DVBViewer, where the channels that are in the VHF band don't scan in. The fix is the manual input the freq's, then DVBViewer works fine.

The problem is with DVBViewer. I have the same problem with three different ATSC cards and DVBViewer, where the channels that are in the VHF band don't scan in. The fix is the manual input the freq's, then DVBViewer works fine.

how is the atsc epg with dvbviewer. Can it pull off the air frequencies or do you have download a xhtml file

I was using schedules direct for a source of xml data. I am unaware of any ability to utilize the schedule from ota, but I haven't been to the DvbViewer forum for close to two years. If you don't get an answer here, I would go there and lurk around.

Ota epg

I'm using a hauppauge win tv 1600 with the latest dvb viewer pro . Ota epg works, but the software can not initialize the card without me using default software then closing default software then dvb viewer will only be able to lock on to one channel frequency .

What software version and card do you use?

Wow, I didn't realize the version I am running was that old. I am still running version 3.6! I have two AverMedia usb tuners and a Hauppage usb tuner in one box, and a twinhan 1025 in another box. I haven't changed anything for so long, if I have a problem I will have to re learn much! The setups have really worked well for me.

I'm using a Hauppage HVR-2250 dual tuner ATSC card with DVBV 4.2.1. It works great. I can PIP & display 2 different channels at the same time, which means DVBV can properly handle both tuners. In fact, you can see the tuners listed as seperate tuners in the hardware screen.

The ATSC epg works quite well with the OKC locals. It's been nearly a year since I set them up though. I do remember having to do some editing to one of the fields in the channel editor (for each channel) to get epg to work. But once I figured it all out, the epg works great on everything but the ION mux.

Sorry I don't remember which field I edited, but if you get far enough along for that to matter, I'm sure I can remember once I get the channel editor screen back in front of me.

IMHO, I think DVBV is the best program to use for ATSC & DVB. I like the way you can control the zoom feature. Also, it works really well with the ATSC Closed Captions.

Cheers

The DVB Viewer Pro version was recommended to me by a member here, to run a new OTA tuner.
Here is a list of supported hardware. (scroll to bottom of the page)

A Silicon Dust dual OTA tuner, HD HomeRun with ethernet interface, is on order.
Found a good deal at Newegg on a refurb, for about $90.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)