Anybody's satellite down?

DBENE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2004
My voom satellite channels went out about 20 minutes ago (4:25 EST). Is anyone else lost signal?

My quality says zero. I am still getting the OTA channels. Have tried rebooting and unplugging the cord already. Please Help!!

Grrrr... lost signal!

I am setting up some new speakers, and as i am finishing it up, I fire up the system to find out that my sat is not there... I am getting 0 signal strength, with the occasional burst to 50... checked the dish, and all is well... grrr... perfectly clear sunny day right now too! good grief... I just wanted to hear the new speakers! hmmm.. oh well...

See Wilt's reply:

We had a pretty heavy rain cell go right over the uplink a bit ago, that
sounds like what took us out.

Edit: Threads merged...

I've had zero on everything on the SAT since Monday night. Tech is scheduledf or Monday afternoon. I know, I know it's a weekday but it's no biggie for me to leave work early.

something is defintly going on..notice the amount of posts in the last week or 2 saying "no voom but OTA ok" then back..something is amiss!!!

My unit routinely drops out about twice a night. When I try to change channels, the satellite refuses to change channels. If I cycle the TV off and on it results in zero signal. So I go to the satellite receiver and hold the Off button for ten seconds. Then the signal returns however all the programming information is lost. It may be an hour befopre the programming information returns.

Dick

Given the number of times this is happening, they probably should have put the uplink site somewhere it doesn't rain(much).

dcline, sounds like you might need a new STB. We aren't having this problem in Seattle off the same sat. Yes, I know everyone lost signal a couple of days ago which Wilt acknowledged.

Still enjoying HDTV even if too hot in Seattle, Gill

Well funny you should mention it but I had voom installed friday with a signal strength of 89. 2 hours later no signal. Still no signal as of Sunday night. Light is red on box, and signal strength reads 0.
Called voom for a service call and while the person was nice...didnot seem to savy.
Got a service call on tuesday to check it out.
Only good thing was a free month of voom for my trouble....
Never did watch any so still donl't know what I'm missing...lol.

bobfnbw said:
Well funny you should mention it but I had voom installed friday with a signal strength of 89. 2 hours later no signal. Still no signal as of Sunday night. Light is red on box, and signal strength reads 0.
Called voom for a service call and while the person was nice...didnot seem to savy.
Got a service call on tuesday to check it out.
Only good thing was a free month of voom for my trouble....
Never did watch any so still donl't know what I'm missing...lol.

Did you try unplugging your box and reseting it ?