Voom satellite down?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I called Voom today for the 3rd time in as many days regarding my dead receiver. CSR told me she added for the tech coming on Friday to re-tune my antenna to check all of the connections to my box and dish. I have already done so, and attempted to tune my OTA antenna. I don't understand why they send the tech out to check and make sure that the box is dead and that I also need an antenna upgrade. After he leaves and tells Voom what I have already told them, it will be another two weeks or so until they bring either the replacement box or the upgrade antenna. I thought I subscribed to Voom so I would be able to watch TV, and so far all I've gotten is about a week of it. If they could bring in at least three of my locals (CBS, NBC, and FOX) and give the satellte programming, I wouldn't ever consider leaving them. As it stands now, if the tech leaves Friday with nothing accomplished besides diagnosing the problem I already knew I had, Voom is losing a customer.

Well since I last posted at 3PM EDT, VOOM called again and said that a tech would be out to my house within two hours with a new box to replace the fried one. He did come and it was his first install with the new 6.0. He was a little shocked and couldn't compete installation. VOOM called me back and walked me thru the install and now I am VOOMING AGAIN. With the new 6.00, the pq seems a bit improved but will make further judgements later. Also gave me a credit for the time I was down.

gutter said:
Well since I last posted at 3PM EDT, VOOM called again and said that a tech would be out to my house within two hours with a new box to replace the fried one...
Impressive! Glad your problem is solved now!

Fried Box

The Voom installer came in today and brought me a new box with the new software! Unfortunately, I still DID NOT get any signal. He checked the cable between the satellite dish and the house and found that there was a problem with it. (The cable was buried it so we don't know how it could have become damaged.)

In any event he did not have the time to replace the cable today; he will come back another day. At least when I get the cable replaced, I'll be enjoying the new box with the new sofware!

Martin-

The installer came out this morning, and installed a an stb that he had from a de-install (said he was doing more of these than installs lately). Anyway, he said this was the first bad stb he had seen. He also tried to tune my OTA antenna, which was what he was coming for in the first place. He got my signal strength up to around 40 or 50, but it constantly drops to below 10. Whenever it drops, so does my picture. It is fairly cloudy right now, so I am going to wait and see if the signal improves. If it does not improve, I will do as the CSR told me and request an upgrade. Just as the installer said, the locals are a huge issue with Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)