VOOM Web Site is DOWN!!!

Voom4Me said:
I just tried to go to the Voom web site to see if I could find any info on what is going on, and the dreaded SHUTDOWN notice is the first thing I saw.

A sad day indeed…

Goodbye voom, it was fun while it lasted.

I hope some other Satellite company buys the Voom satellite to expand their HDTV offerings and pickup an extra 40,000 paying customers!

Radicalman said:
I hope some other Satellite company buys the Voom satellite to expand their HDTV offerings and pickup an extra 40,000 paying customers!
In case you haven't heard, Dish is buying the satellite but not the programming.

Check with the installer line

Voom4Me said:
I also have an upgrade scheduled for Tuesday, and just called CS to confirm, and asked her about the Web Site, and she said the same thing. I told her that I needed to take the day off from work and it was important that she be certain that the installer would be here and she assured me that he would. She even gave me the name and phone number of the installation company that will be performing the upgrade.

Is she misinformed or does she know something that we don’t?

Either way, I’m going to call back each day and confirm my upgrade, up and including the morning of, just so I don’t waste my time.

I just called the installer line that my installer used to activate voom and they told me they have suspended all installs and service calls. This gets me red hot since my satellite signal went away at 8:30 AM this morning.

Call 866.522.8666 to get a different spin on things regarding any upgrades you may have pending.

The www.voomllc.com didn't pull it's games and still show the offer, so I think this time the white flag is waving.

And I guess there is no games being played accepting orders on the phones either?

Good enough for me...

Just waiting for April 30th now to seal the fate...

At leat I'm VaVaVoomin'

rydercup said:
I just called the installer line that my installer used to activate voom and they told me they have suspended all installs and service calls. This gets me red hot since my satellite signal went away at 8:30 AM this morning.

Call 866.522.8666 to get a different spin on things regarding any upgrades you may have pending.
The funny thing is that I just call Voom again to order the two-month “free preview” of VaVa Voom and when I asked the CSR about the Web Site and the “shutdown notice” they continue to say, “business as usual” and that they are going through a transitional period.

I was able to order the upgrade with no problem and all at the grandfathered rate, as stated by the CSR. He even mentioned the six-month commitment and early termination charge, as if everything was normal. Go Figure???

Well I have been one of the people that kinda just followed the forums here and thought, oh this will all just blow over, it'll work out. But today I have a differing opinion. I called just now 12:45 pm Cen time just to find out what day I am paid through. After getting my answer I asked about the breaking news coming out today about shutdown and the CSR said, "no comment". I asked if they were still taking new orders they said that info was not currently available. Am I the only one getting this type of info, I "DID NOT" get the typical 'business as usual' like I did in the past. What else have you guys been told? I think I am giving up this time and turning my DirecTV service back on. I think I have paid my last Voom bill!

Scott

im a installer for voom / installs inc.....all my jobs set in their system for future installs are gone!........i called installs inc and they confirmed voom is closing down.april 30th....all appointments ane canceld including ota upgrades

Well I received a phone call about an hour ago from someone claiming to be Charlene at Voom. She advised me that Voom will be shutting down at the end of the month and I should be making plans for other service. Sounds pretty grim to me.
I'm putting my HDTV in storage and hooking up the old SD TV again. I'll go back to HD when there is more content and a lot less drama.

They are calling people within the last couple of hours. I have called twice and they tell me "no comment", why would they call people using man hours for that when they could've sent e-mails to most people?

With the website gone how are we supposed to pay our final bill?

After my credit card expired I began paying online 2 days before the due date. Their paper bills are junk, there is no return envelope, there is no stated address where to send payment, there is no stub to include payment, and they don't tell you who to make the payment out to if paying by check.

With the events of the past two months do they expect the customers to know where and how they want payment sent. This is going to be a disaster. I've seen this before and predict long delays getting the final payments posted if everyone sends their last bill in plain white handwritten envelopes.

All I have paid so far is $1.05 and opted for paper bill option, my due date is supposed to be MAY 5, hope it's pro-rated.

I would go ahead and take the day off..Since you have it scheduled, but I wouldn't expect the Installer from Voom to show up..

Canned Response

I haven't went to work yet, but for all of you that are calling the Voom CSR's to get updated info, here's a wake up call. They are telling you what they have been told to tell you. Business as usual. All of their calls are monitored by Quality Assurance? people. If they don't tell you that, they are written up, lose their bonus's, and basically led to believe that they are worthless as CSR's no matter how well they treat their customers. They (we) won't know what is going on until someone tells us anything.

If you want to know about any installs or upgrades then call Installs Inc. directly and bypass the CSR's; their number is 1-888-443-2306. I hope you have a speaker phone because it will probably be a long wait

Please give this thing a few days before calling Customer Service, maybe by then we can give you some solid answers. If we can't do it over the phone, then I'll try to keep you updated here.

On behalf of myself, and the agents that trully tried to serve our Customers, I would like to say that it has been a pleasure serving you. :)

spahoose said:
...They are telling you what they have been told to tell you. Business as usual....

I am not sure where you got that info. Just talked to a CSR, and they were very open and honest on the situation. Unless something drastically will happen (like a wonder), Voom will shut down. And thiose were the CSR words, not mine.

By the way, I loved Voom since November 2003, and will enjoy it till it goes dark. But, unless Chuck start a new company with a new name and has a deal with E*, the joy of 36 HD channels will be gone coming May 1st.

this is a bunch of crap.i feel sorry for all the people who had to deal with the rollercoaster ride.I did enojy the news everyday it gave me something to read but as a custumer im upset.I still think something will happen for the good cause they added all those new channels but who knows.I hope charles son rots in hell and he is happy that he is upseting a ton of people.NOw i hope he goes down to and cvc dies a tragic death...

well since my normal billing date was to be the 29th Im not gonna stress the bill. CSR I spoke with today did say no one would be charge past the 30th. However, the CSR recommended if have Autopay setup to undo it now just to be safe. Since it was the CSR recommending this I agreed and had them remove my Autopay status and now its a wait n see game.

anyone wanan take bets that within 5 days we will see in big red writing"VOOM IS ALIVE!!!"

spahoose said:
I haven't went to work yet, but for all of you that are calling the Voom CSR's to get updated info, here's a wake up call. They are telling you what they have been told to tell you. Business as usual. All of their calls are monitored by Quality Assurance? people. If they don't tell you that, they are written up, lose their bonus's, and basically led to believe that they are worthless as CSR's no matter how well they treat their customers. They (we) won't know what is going on until someone tells us anything.

If you want to know about any installs or upgrades then call Installs Inc. directly and bypass the CSR's; their number is 1-888-443-2306. I hope you have a speaker phone because it will probably be a long wait

Please give this thing a few days before calling Customer Service, maybe by then we can give you some solid answers. If we can't do it over the phone, then I'll try to keep you updated here.

On behalf of myself, and the agents that trully tried to serve our Customers, I would like to say that it has been a pleasure serving you. :)

Sorry guy no need to Installs Inc they will just refer you to voom they are not taking any service call or doing any upgraded antenna as of today.

t

Jamey K said:
I just called again. The CSR said They are still taking orders, that the web site will come and go all day, they just added a bunch of new channels, and this a repeat of last month. She re-confirmed my antenna upgrade for Monday. She swears that they are not going out of business.

.I had a tech here doing a service call. They called the tech in the middle of the job and pulled him back. They said NO SERVICE NO INSTALLS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts