Anyone aware HD 250 sensitive to OTA signal overload?

lavitsef

Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I live 3.5 miles from three towers. I was going nuts getting signal to OTa input to my HD 250 HD recorder. A guy in Wash st said signal overload and a signal attenuator BINGO I was fixed
Lavitsef
Buffalo

I have a regular directional rotor antenna and I point at the three towers at 3.5 miles I put an attenuator adjustable on and the problem went away. My Sony reciever no problem

I got my first HD250 at circuit city and it would not read the antenna so I took it back as defective. I got the seccond from weaknees and got it working (no attenuator by endless connection jiggling and adding extender pieces.
I got my new Plazma for that spot so I moved the HD 250 out to my living room with the Sony 34"crt Hi Def. No amout of wiggling got any signal OTA. My dish /antenna guy left and I had unit three on order from DTV. I asked on Tivo
community about no ota signal and got a tip from a guy in Oregon that possible too strong a signal may be a problem because this unit has a sensitive tuner(HD 250) I had one in my box which was adjustable and put it on set at half. Bingo
I had 85 on both tuners. My house is between the towers and the city market served. If those towers are at all directional I get full blast from all three major networks.
I have a few questions since you know this stuff and I do not. I have old 10 yr
LTR`s and an oval dish. I also have a tree problem to the south west.
My guy raised my dish on a ten foot pole that seem now high enough to not get brances blocking when the wind blows. I get 101 and 119 buy 110 is dead.
I said the hell with it and got an A -9 . Has the technology improved on the LTR`s
from 10 yrs ago. Does the A 9 take a 2" pole ? I should get as good as possible with the A 9 and be ready if the HD locals from DTV come to Buffalo. All I want is good signals from the three and my OTA for high def. What a hassle
ps I showed my dish guy that if I turn the attenuator down to zero the signal goes to 10. back to 85 at middle and down again when full on. How that froom a non tech new guy. No amp or pre amp and one splitter to cover two tv`s antenna 20 ft rom tv on roof above

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)