Anyone catch that wacky ending in the Arena Football League game?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
If anyone watches or cares or pays attention to Arena Football,

there was a playoff game that had a very questionable, close, and controversial ending.

I'll try to get some links and info as soon as I can.

When you consider Arena Football is a very minor sport, don't expect this to create the reaction and tremors ala the Raiders/Patriots "Tuck Rule."

I was watching. A crazy play, for sure. What I didn't understand was why no time was put back on the clock. There shoudl have been over one second remaining. maybe that's not reviewable in AFL. I have no idea.

I was watching. A crazy play, for sure. What I didn't understand was why no time was put back on the clock. There shoudl have been over one second remaining. maybe that's not reviewable in AFL. I have no idea.
AFL replay rules are weird. For one I don't think it is a good idea to bring in this new system during the PLAYOFFS. I think you should try it in the preseason, regular season at the EARLIEST so that you get all the quirks and confusion out of it before they come up in make or break situations, such as the PLAYOFFS. Also, if my interpretation is correct, you can't make challenges for plays that don't result in changes of possession or touchdowns. Therefore you can't challenge whether a catch was made that could have resulted in a first down. Also, I don't believe they have booth-called replays, like they do in the last 2 minutes of the half in NFL.

To be fair I've only recently started to watch the AFL. I don't look for it on the guide, but if I see it's on and there's nothing else I'll switch to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts