Anyone else fed up with TNT-HD??

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I am getting tired of TNT-HD and the quality. Right now Air Force One is on and The picture is sh*t. I have been comparing between the HD station and the SD station and the SD station actually is showing more picture then the HD station. Before TNT had the picture good and the sound of delayed, now the sound is insync but the picture is zoomed in. WHAT THE HELL!!!!! if your going to go HD go HD.

I had problems with the sound delayed a few weeks ago with mean girls. Now the picture with Air Force One is zoomed in. Just compare both station HD and SD the HD station is actually zoomed in and the SD station is actually showing move of the movie.

For a station that has loads of money at its disposal, you would think TNT would have fewer problems and better quality than, say, Food-HD

I don't care so much about the quality as the commercials.... I'm soooo spoiled by DVRs but I don't look for things on TNT to schedule to record them so I catch something while it's on, then there's a commercial. I've gotten to the point where if I'm watching a movie, I don't want commercials.

In this case it's not TNT

Air Force 1 was actually filmed so that the matte that is normally used to make the 35 mm film into the 1.85:1 aspect ratio for the theater is actually removed for 4:3 TV viewing. In other words, you should see more of the picture on top and bottom when viewing the SD channel vs. the HD channel, since the HD channel I would think is showing a copy of the version shown in theaters in the wider aspect ratio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts