Anyone here familiar with this

Big discussions in November of last year. Dish runs an announcement for DNS on channels 240 and 250, as I recall.

Big discussions in November of last year. Dish runs an announcement for DNS on channels 240 and 250, as I recall.

This is the first time I have seen this in the guide. I live in the Birmingham, AL DMA and get SD locals but not HD locals. I am about 45 miles from the broadcast towers with a mountain in between so OTA is not an option. I know that Atlanta now has local HD so I am hoping that by signing up for the DNS I can get the local HD from Atlanta. The info on the 240 - 250 channels said I could check with AllAmericanDirect,com to see if I was eligible for it. I am eligible for CBS but need waivers for FOX, ABC, and NBC. They charge 2.99 for each one.

This is the first time I have seen this in the guide. I live in the Birmingham, AL DMA and get SD locals but not HD locals. I am about 45 miles from the broadcast towers with a mountain in between so OTA is not an option. I know that Atlanta now has local HD so I am hoping that by signing up for the DNS I can get the local HD from Atlanta. The info on the 240 - 250 channels said I could check with AllAmericanDirect,com to see if I was eligible for it. I am eligible for CBS but need waivers for FOX, ABC, and NBC. They charge 2.99 for each one.

DNS only carries SD channels.

Original 240/250 were only visible to those that Dish thought were eligible, because they had dropped them. They are now up for everyone to see, to make sure that anyone who is eligible can see them. I am in NYC DMA and see them (240/250) even though I get OTA and SD/HD via Dish and would not be eligible.

You're right!! I just called them and it's SD only. I told them to cancel my subscription. I also told the CS rep that they need to explain in their AD that is's SD only so people will not be signing up thinking they are getting HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts