362 is here

I am still waiting also. No hurry!
Yep, my receiver is working just fine and the last time I tried to force it to update, it didn't work and about a week later I checked and it had updated, so I just let it take care of it on its own... I have it set to do a reboot at 4am daily as I'm asleep and ain't watching nothing at that time of the night...

Everything is fine with H362 with the exception of 2 recordings, so I'll describe the issue with visuals... All times are Pacific Daylight Savings Time (GMT -700) and I have already did a power cord reset with the same exact results.

This one #1 was recorded on H358 but did not watch it until H362, before watching it, the info screen did show 1 hour and 30 minutes remaining but this is after watching it, the actual recording is 1 hour and 30 minutes as shown on the right hand side but the left side sure shows a incorrect remaining time:
1694941322588.png

This one #2 was recorded on H362 before watching it, the info screen did show 1 hour and 30 minutes remaining but this is after watching it, the actual recording is 1 hour and 30 minutes as shown on the right hand side but the left side sure shows a incorrect remaining time:
1694941584439.png

So anyways, the problem is the playback which appears to be okay if I just watched, the replay seems to work but if I try skipping and I had only tried the first 20 minutes, what would happen is it will skip forward but at some point, it will actually go back to somewhere a few minutes before I started the original skip/forward. So for example, I can be at 5 minutes and it will show 7 minutes fine but then it skips back to the 2 minute mark and forward from there.

When I pause the playback, it doesn't show the current position either like it normally does as both recordings show something similar to this:
1694941999479.png

If I selected Star Over in any of the recordings and immediately pause it as fast as I can do it, it will say 620 hours remaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Got 362 yesterday morning. Skip fwd and back seem a little smoother than prior update, but still noticing when in multiview, if one of the quads are tuned to a OTA channel that quad is black with no preview. Did not do this prior to 360.

Everything is fine with H362 with the exception of 2 recordings, so I'll describe the issue with visuals... All times are Pacific Daylight Savings Time (GMT -700) and I have already did a power cord reset with the same exact results.

This one #1 was recorded on H358 but did not watch it until H362, before watching it, the info screen did show 1 hour and 30 minutes remaining but this is after watching it, the actual recording is 1 hour and 30 minutes as shown on the right hand side but the left side sure shows a incorrect remaining time:
View attachment 165202

This one #2 was recorded on H362 before watching it, the info screen did show 1 hour and 30 minutes remaining but this is after watching it, the actual recording is 1 hour and 30 minutes as shown on the right hand side but the left side sure shows a incorrect remaining time:
View attachment 165203

So anyways, the problem is the playback which appears to be okay if I just watched, the replay seems to work but if I try skipping and I had only tried the first 20 minutes, what would happen is it will skip forward but at some point, it will actually go back to somewhere a few minutes before I started the original skip/forward. So for example, I can be at 5 minutes and it will show 7 minutes fine but then it skips back to the 2 minute mark and forward from there.

When I pause the playback, it doesn't show the current position either like it normally does as both recordings show something similar to this:
View attachment 165204

If I selected Star Over in any of the recordings and immediately pause it as fast as I can do it, it will say 620 hours remaining.
Thank you for the pictures this helps a ton I will add them to the list of defects.

Got 362 yesterday morning. Skip fwd and back seem a little smoother than prior update, but still noticing when in multiview, if one of the quads are tuned to a OTA channel that quad is black with no preview. Did not do this prior to 360.

Most of the multiview issues were supposed to be fixed - I'll do some testing and work with engineers on this one as well. Thank you for the report.

Forgot to ask a question, what are considered hosts and what are considered clients?

Hoppers are hosts, joeys are clients with the exception of hopper+ (which is also a client).

I suspect Josh does. Maybe he could share some.

Nothing that would make sense to anyone that's not working on the code themselves - it would just be "General video improvements and black screen recovery additions"

Thankfully, as of last night, I am still on 358.

That brought up a discussion with SWMBO. “Discussion” and I’m sticking to that expression!

Today we will review our Dish subscription level, and maybe consider dropping them when contract ends in a few months. I guess I’ll have to point out all the old movies we’ve DVR’d. Shudder- then she’ll want to watch them!

Thankfully, as of last night, I am still on 358.

That brought up a discussion with SWMBO. “Discussion” and I’m sticking to that expression!

Today we will review our Dish subscription level, and maybe consider dropping them when contract ends in a few months. I guess I’ll have to point out all the old movies we’ve DVR’d. Shudder- then she’ll want to watch them!
If you have already watched them what is your likelihood of watching them again. If you haven't watched them yet what is the likelihood that you will eventually get around to watching them. If there are movies that you really, really enjoy, can you simply purchase that movie via DVD/Blu-Ray or a streaming rental for that time that you might actually have to see it again? You can't get hooked on that EHD, or in your case EHDs, just because they are there.There are alternatives available.

Thank you for the pictures this helps a ton I will add them to the list of defects.

Hoppers are hosts, joeys are clients with the exception of hopper+ (which is also a client).
I should note that I record alot as even the same episodes of that show are shown multiple times a day is recorded and the other recorded episodes do not have the problem, seems to be only that specific time on both dates and that same program even though it's not the same episode. Other recordings also d not have the problem. Thanks for the explanation on the Host and Client thing even though Bobby already explained it, but thanks to the both of you.