H364 is here

I clicked on upgrade software, and it came back with the message that I have the latest - 363?
On mines, forcing update while on 363 will still reboot except it's still 363. It's similar to 362 going to 363 as the same thing happened. Some people get them earlier and some people get them later like I did except in my case unlike previous versions where it will just say I already have the latest, it still reboots even if there is no new version available at the time.

364 is up on the satellite now, so if you try to force a software update it should take it...I will say we have lower bandwidth on our software download channel now so the download does take a tad longer than it used to (~10 minutes to be precise) so be patient during the process.

If you go through the process and it programs memory etc all the normal steps happen as usual and it still doesn't update to 364 please let me know.

Reactions: charlesrshell
364 is up on the satellite now, so if you try to force a software update it should take it...I will say we have lower bandwidth on our software download channel now so the download does take a tad longer than it used to (~10 minutes to be precise) so be patient during the process.

If you go through the process and it programs memory etc all the normal steps happen as usual and it still doesn't update to 364 please let me know.
I waited 35 hours after your post above as I was busy and gave this a shot on October 15, 2023 12:25AM Pacific Time/3:25AM Eastern Time and this was what happened when I tried to do a force upgrade from H363.

1) It goes into the standby mode for 1/2 a second and then showed the 061 Download Vital screen for 1 second but the status progress bar remained grey and then 2 seconds later, it reboots
2) Shows the Hopper 3 boot screen with the Hopper3 logo and Starting up....
3) It shows the 061 Download Vital Screen for about 1 minute but the status progress bar remained grey and then 2 seconds later, it shows the Hopper 3 boot screen with the Hopper3 logo and Starting up....
4) After a minute or two, it does the 9999 starting up in the lower right corner
5) Shows the Hopper 3 boot screen with the Hopper3 logo and Starting up....
6) System Check 1620 which completes successfully and then a minute later, it shows Live the last channel that was watched

At this point, I checked the software version and it still says H363 so I tried to do a force upgrade and this time it was slightly different:
1) It showed the 061 Download Vital screen for 1 second but the status progress bar remained grey and then 2 seconds later, it reboots
2) Shows the Hopper 3 boot screen with the Hopper3 logo and Starting up....
3) System Check 1620 which completes successfully and then a minute later, then shows Acquiring signal that can take up to 5 minutes which shows for 1/2 second before showing Complete Signal Loss 004 which still remains the same even now which is 20 minutes later. The Acquiring signal that can take up to 5 minutes which shows for 1/2 second before showing Complete Signal Loss 004 which still remains the same even now which is 20 minutes later but this is a known issue I had with H362 and H363 even though someone else said it also happened with H358 but I was not there when the Hopper 3 rebooted with H358 so I can't say whether it did or not. All I know is I will get the signal if I changed the channel by pressing channel up or down which worked but the Complete Signal Loss 004 message was on top of the picture until I pressed the Back button. But anyways, software is still at H363.

So the issue I seem to be having is Upgrade software seems to think that there is something to download after checking to upgrade the software but when it reaches the 061 Download Vital screen, it does not seem to progress and reboots instead. So perhaps, my receiver ID has not made it to the H364 available for download queue yet but Upgrade Software is somehow thinking there is a update available but unable to actually download it.

And 35 hours and 55 minutes after your response above.
I just tried hitting the Red Reset button and this one basically was even faster in the reboot process as all it did was:
Shows the Hopper 3 boot screen with the Hopper3 logo and Starting up....
and then about a minute or two later, it shows the Live the last channel that was watched.
and just to see what happens if I do another Upgrade Software:
1) Screen turned black and then it Shows the Hopper 3 boot screen with the Hopper3 logo and Starting up....
2) After a minute or two, it does the 9999 starting up in the lower right corner
3) Shows the Hopper 3 boot screen with the Hopper3 logo and Starting up....
4) System Check 1620 which completes about half way and then it shows the 061 Warning Downloading screen with the status showing Downloading Information but the status bar remains gray for 3 minutes and then the screen turned completely black for 1 second and then I got back the 061 Warning Dowloading screen where the "Status: Downloading information.." shows and the progress bar actually has green and progresses to completion and then the screen turned black for about 30 seconds and then shows the Warning 303 screen saying the memory is being programmed which completes in approximately 8 minutes.
5) Screen turned black and then it Shows the Hopper 3 boot screen with the Hopper3 logo and Starting up....
6) After a minute or two, it does the 9999 starting up in the lower right corner
7) Shows the Hopper 3 boot screen with the Hopper3 logo and Starting up....
8) System Check 1620 which seems to run at 200% faster as it completed in 1/3rd the time.
9) it does the 9999 starting up in the lower right corner and then the receiver is in standby mode with the Press SAT to watch tv.
so it seems the results are different after each System Check 1620 excluding the one that downloaded the software update.
10) I checked the software and it's at H364

Would be interesting to know why the first two upgrade software attempts failed and the third time is a charm saying worked.

Last edited:
Agreed. The 10 second skip backwards and the 30 second skip forward is now very slow when playing back DVR recordings.
My Hopper 3 skip forward while watching a recording seems a little bit slower but not much. I would say around one second. My Hopper Plus has gotten a little bit slower too, around two to three seconds to skip forward. Josh.M says they are working on the slow Hopper Plus skip forward issue. Both my Hopper 3s are on H364.

Reactions: blatimer1983
My Hopper 3 skip forward while watching a recording seems a little bit slower but not much. I would say around one second. My Hopper Plus has gotten a little bit slower too, around two to three seconds to skip forward. Josh.M says they are working on the slow Hopper Plus skip forward issue. Both my Hopper 3s are on H364.
I think a reason for the different results is no Hopper 3 is exactly identical as the components only have to meet the spec and some of the components when made depending on your luck is above specs so they will perform better and ofcourse there migth be different revisions of the system board where the components are also changed which I think is why some people have the slowness issue and some don't. The same rule applies to electronics in general, same reason you can have two identical model cell phones and even service providers and one will still work even in areas where the signal is extremely low while the other one doesn't work.

Last edited:
It seems like after upgrading to H364 from H363 on the Hopper 3, the workaround for transferring to the EHDD successfully without errors no longer works. What I noticed was ever since the first time I got the workaround working with I think H358, even when I forget to do it, instead of the transfer process hanging like before which requires restarting the Hopper 3 before the target EHDD's will be seen again by the Hopper 3, I would get the Transfer process is complete with errors which basically means nothing was moved at the end where the workaround will work simply by doing a playback on the target destination EHDD for a second or more and the transfer will work. So the good thing is I never saw the transfer process hanged again even when I forget to do the workaround.

With H364, after selecting transfer, it will try to do the estimating time for transfer where there are the green bars moving from left to right and then about 10 seconds later, it would say Transfer complete with errors with the progress green bar 100%. And using the workaround does not work whether if it's just playback on the destination EHDD or if it's playback on the Hopper 3 internal HDD and the 3 EHDD's, it will still result in after selecting transfer and it will try to do the estimating time for transfer where there are the green bars moving from left to right and then about 10 seconds later, it would say Transfer complete with errors with the progress green bar 100%. The only workaround that worked is to disconnect the target EHDD which will show the disconnected message and connect the EHDD again which will show the connected message a minute later. And then the transfer will work. Ofcourse one thing I have not confirmed yet is if the same problem exists after a reboot which I will probably do after I no longer have timers recording in the background which will probably be another 11 hours from now.

Also, Josh.M - I noticed on TVB Drama Channel 626-06, the Guide is reporting the wrong names for the programming for the last month or so compared to their printed schedule which is correct here:
http://schedule.tvbusa.com/current/tvb_drama.pdf (The same information is shown in both English and Chinese languages on different pages) so not sure if it is TVB who is providing DISH with the wrong data or not which basically is recording the shows on the DVR with wrong names and sometimes even the same show is recorded with more than one name on different days.

There is another problem that I had experienced once with both H363 and H364 which is basically current video in use will not have a video feed which includes either a DVR recording playback or even watching a live channel. When I hit info, it is showing the correct info and when trying to change channels, it will say switch to live mode and I say yes and it will show live on the screen but without video. Same thing happens even if I try changing the channel and it does show the channel I selected when I hit Info but still no video. At this point, I press Options and then TV Activity and select a tuner that is not in use but basically still no video so I enter a channel and it asks to switch to live mode which I select yes and ofcourse just like before, no video and info confirms I am on the channel I selected. However, when hitting Guide, it seems to think I am on channel 998 as that was where the cursor was which was the same when I tried a different tuner and still had the black screen no video results. The channels I selected were always in the 100-200 range. The only way I have found to fix this is to hit Options, Picture in Picture, Multiview and it shows the 4 things on the screen with the upper left being black without the video so I move the box to any of the other three (upper right, lower left, and lower right) and then hit select and basically restore the video.

Last edited: