H364 is here

I wonder do software updates work the same way as people with a newly installed Hopper 3 receiver having to wait a few days before everything works correctly because earlier in the thread, I mentioned transferring to EHDD's were transferring with errors very frequently but it seems for the last 5 days, it has not done that so I am unable to see if the workaround still doesn't work or not.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I wonder do software updates work the same way as people with a newly installed Hopper 3 receiver having to wait a few days before everything works correctly because earlier in the thread, I mentioned transferring to EHDD's were transferring with errors very frequently but it seems for the last 5 days, it has not done that so I am unable to see if the workaround still doesn't work or not.
They shouldn't. Even on new installs usually it's really only a few hours to one day. It's downloading the guide for the first and other than that the main thing is just for your account to be updated and reflect the new receiver mainly for dish anywhere purposes. Any ehd issues are just software issues regardless if it's new or not lol.

For me today the 10 second jump back has become 30 seconds. Frustrating.
Welcome to my world, that has been an issue with the Wallys since Pikes Peak was a pimple. At least you guys are getting updates which means, for good or bad, they're working on it, Wallys haven't budged since May. :rolleyes:

Since my H3 updated to h364 several days ago, I've sometimes gotten this abrupt fade to black screen for a couple of seconds soon after beginning to watch a recorded program. Then all is normal. It's not a loss of signal because if I rewind, the playback is smooth with no loss of program. Never had this previously.
I see the same thing. Out of nowhere, the screen will go black for a second or two and may happen several times withing a minute and then not again for a while. Very annoying! It's almost like there is an HDMI video issue? Oh, and this happens on live as well as recordings.

The other thing my wife has noticed watching recorded shows on a Joey 3 connected to our Hopper 3, when she skips forward through commercials, it will sometimes jump back to the beginning of the recording. My Hopper was only installed back in the summer and was on a much older release for a long time and didn't have any of these skip forward and back problems until now with this new release.

I see the same thing. Out of nowhere, the screen will go black for a second or two and may happen several times withing a minute and then not again for a while. Very annoying! It's almost like there is an HDMI video issue? Oh, and this happens on live as well as recordings.
Yep, I just had it happen on a live program this evening.

They shouldn't. Even on new installs usually it's really only a few hours to one day. It's downloading the guide for the first and other than that the main thing is just for your account to be updated and reflect the new receiver mainly for dish anywhere purposes. Any ehd issues are just software issues regardless if it's new or not lol.
LOL, just weird it no longer shows errors like it did the first 48 hours of having H364 and without errors, I don't even know if the workaround would have started working again or not. LOL

Josh.M - Thanks for having the EPG look into the guide data for TVB Drama channel which was fixed sometime last thursday, October 19, 2023 sometime in the late afternoon or later.

There are a couple of issues with the "resume" feature for DVR events (especially events that are still recording) that should fixed in 365. 365 is expected next week if all goes well and should also include some stability fixes for joeys that are experiencing black screen.
Hi Josh.
Any updates on fix for this issue with resume while still recording? Dish support doesn’t seem to know anything when I ask. As right now I am still having the resume function kick over to live while still recording. Hopper 3

Any updates on fix for this issue with resume while still recording? Dish support doesn’t seem to know anything when I ask. As right now I am still having the resume function kick over to live while still recording. Hopper 3
I have an H3 and my J3 does not do this. It's still on H364.

Hi Josh.
The h365 update has been live for a few days now. Have you tried updating if it hasn't automatically already?

LOL, just weird it no longer shows errors like it did the first 48 hours of having H364 and without errors, I don't even know if the workaround would have started working again or not. LOL

Josh.M - Thanks for having the EPG look into the guide data for TVB Drama channel which was fixed sometime last thursday, October 19, 2023 sometime in the late afternoon or later.
And just an update, it seems earlier today, I finally got the transfer complete with errors and the workaround which is playback on the EHDD of anything and then trying the transfer again worked so it seems like that issue fixed itself after a few days with H364. H365 still would not download even though check updates would result in either a download without progress and rebooting a few seconds later or just rebooting and doing acquiring signal as I tried it 4 times consecutively on one day and another time the next day with the same results.