Anyone else having audio or picture quality issues?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kman5574

Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Has anyone noticed occasional audio stuttering or skipping? On my HR20 thru HDMI I've had this happen every once in a while. Doesn't seem to be on one particular channel and only happens for like a second.

I've also noticed when its raining, even a light rain, the HD channels will break up but when I turned to the SD channels there was no breakup at all. I was on the phone with a tech the other day and he said the HD signal might not be as strong right now as the SD signal but will eventually become stronger as they work the kinks out. I checked signal strengths when the weather is ok and they all look decent, mid 80's to 90's.
Anyone else having these issues with they're HR20? Could it just be a bad multi-switch or are these occasional glitches more of a signal issue? A tech is coming out tomorrow, I thought of having him swap HDMI cables on the HR20 but not sure if that's the problem.

I've also been having an issue with an H20 lately where it will say there's a problem with the multi-switch or receiver. You turn to a channel you've been getting all along and it will say you're not subscribed to it. Tried a couple resets but didn't help. Bad receiver or multi-switch?

I've noticed it mostly on F0XHD 88 and ESPNHD 206. I used to have audio synch issues on 88 but that seemed to go away when I disabled Dolby Digital in the setup.

I've noticed that on YESHD that the Bulls score isn't higher than the Nets score.. and I consider that a MAJOR issue!

Has anyone noticed occasional audio stuttering or skipping? On my HR20 thru HDMI I've had this happen every once in a while. Doesn't seem to be on one particular channel and only happens for like a second.

I've also noticed when its raining, even a light rain, the HD channels will break up but when I turned to the SD channels there was no breakup at all. I was on the phone with a tech the other day and he said the HD signal might not be as strong right now as the SD signal but will eventually become stronger as they work the kinks out. I checked signal strengths when the weather is ok and they all look decent, mid 80's to 90's.
Anyone else having these issues with they're HR20? Could it just be a bad multi-switch or are these occasional glitches more of a signal issue? A tech is coming out tomorrow, I thought of having him swap HDMI cables on the HR20 but not sure if that's the problem.

I've also been having an issue with an H20 lately where it will say there's a problem with the multi-switch or receiver. You turn to a channel you've been getting all along and it will say you're not subscribed to it. Tried a couple resets but didn't help. Bad receiver or multi-switch?

Try swapping out your BBC connectors .

Thanks Jimbo, I'll try swapping the BBC's. The tech coming tomorrow should have a bunch of these in his truck I'd imagine, Not sure if they carry extra HDMI cables

Thanks Jimbo, I'll try swapping the BBC's. The tech coming tomorrow should have a bunch of these in his truck I'd imagine, Not sure if they carry extra HDMI cables

I kinda doubt that it's the HDMI cable, but I suppose it could be.
You can verify that by connecting via Component as well and see how the component cable work and see if you have anymore issues.
Many cannot tell any difference between the Component and HDMI anyways.
Some can , some can't, alot may have to do with the over all set up as well.

jimbo

well I was just watching seinfeld on 88 and it stuttered a couple times so I recorded it to show the tech tomorrow. I hope its not the receiver, I still have a lot of stuff on there I haven't watched yet. Guess I'll start with the BBC's and go from there.

Wasn't there some thread around that claimed that one of the NYC locals in the 80's had an issue? I can't quite claim 100% but I really think at least one of them (maybe more) had a known issue between them and DirecTV. Maybe this will ring a bell for someone.

I've noticed that Cartoon Network's audio will drop out for like a split second constantly.. like once every 3 mins. Doesn't make it unwatchable by any means, but it is annoying.

I've experianced audio stutter with my HR20-700, but have found if I hit pause, then play immediately after hitting pause it clears any stutter.

well the tech came out last week and replaced the multi-switch and checked the signals, I noticed last night though that the stuttering audio is still there. Guess I'll request some new BBC's since the tech didn't have any with him.

Status
Please reply by conversation.