Anyone else having problems with ESPN-HD?

Hi-Vac

Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 11, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with ESPN HD. Every time I tune to this channel, the audio is delayed and the screen stutters. If I turn my box off (standby) and back on, everything is fine. Also when I first tune to ESPN, I get a still shot of the playboy channel, sometimes pretty graphic!

Additionally, sometimes I will not even get the channel at all, I will have to change channels up one and back down to ESPN-HD.

This is the only channel that I have problems with. I have the complete package (VaVaVoom) and every other channel seems fine.

I have never had this problem. Sometimes though I do change channels and a still frame of the previous channel I was on is there, but not PLayboy..Maybe if you switch back and forth fast enough you can watch free playboy?

Heck, I already pay for it!!!! I thought the problem might be that I subscribe to playboy, and if I cancel the subscription this problem might go away.

I know that sometimes when I switch to a channel, I will get the black screen, but this is different, I get a very pixilated display and everything is frozen. It will stay like this until either I change channels, or I power the unit.

Hi-Vac said:
Heck, I already pay for it!!!! I thought the problem might be that I subscribe to playboy, and if I cancel the subscription this problem might go away. I know that sometimes when I switch to a channel, I will get the black screen, but this is different, I get a very pixilated display and everything is frozen. It will stay like this until either I change channels, or I power the unit.

While I have had lockups and the white pixel incidents (which has to be heat related - I've added another component into my Home Theatre cabinent and it maybe getting too hot in there, but now I have the white dot problem happening more and more). The lockups are rare like I'd say I have to a reboot like once every three weeks if that?

That seems wierd I would call and have them change the box but that's me maybe someone else has a more educated opinion.

Hi-Vac,

have you tried unplugging/plugging the box to see if this eliminates the problem? If not, you may need to replace the box. That's not common behavior.

Yes, I have unplugged to box several times. I was hoping this was a problem with the old software, as I have three additional boxes with the new software. I will call Voom and get this one replaced.

Thanks for the help.

Hi-Vac said:
Every time I tune to this channel, the audio is delayed and the screen stutters. If I turn my box off (standby) and back on, everything is fine. Also when I first tune to ESPN, I get a still shot of the playboy channel, sometimes pretty graphic!
Sounds like your LNB might be having problems with switching polarity. But if that's the case, you should be seeing similar issues with the following channels: 204, 206, 226, 229, 261, 262, 301, and 305.

Dvlos said:
...now I have the white dot problem happening more and more.
Next time you see a white pixel try pressing VOOM and then WATCH on your remote. If this helps, the problem is not heat-related. It is caused by a bug in the software.

Ilya said:
Sounds like your LNB might be having problems with switching polarity. But if that's the case, you should be seeing similar issues with the following channels: 204, 206, 226, 229, 261, 262, 301, and 305.

WOW! You guys are good!!!!!

This is exactly what is happening to my system!. If I go from two of these channels in order, the problem goes away (example from 301 straight to 262) but If I go from say 601 to 301, the problem returns. I guess I never noticed it on the Starz HD channels.

Now what do I do to correct this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts