Anyone else having trouble with on-demand for the channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I'm not talking about the pay on-demand; I'm talking about on-demand for the channels, such as like History Channel on-demand. I did a repeat network setup and waited a day, NOTHING. I did a soft and a hard reboot, NOTHING. I did everything and still NOTHING. (BTW, the My DirecTV page is blank as well, and Pandora is not there.) I called DirecTV and they say this is a problem all over, but I want to know if it's happening for you guys?

I just went to the guide, went to 269, then 1269 and the shows all showed up in the guide on the left side.
Now are you getting that far, or can you not actually download them ?

All on-demand channels are just NOT WORKING. (The pay on-demand works just fine though) I tried every step. The next step is to have a tech over, so I just "moved" back. I think my Genie isn't working. I really don't like my true locals but I have to put up with them for a few days.

How are you connecting your DirecTV® receivers to the internet?

What model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

How are you connecting your DirecTV® receivers to the internet?

What model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..
Thats where I would be looking next, make sure it's connected to the Internet.
Normally if it's not, it will say something like Channel Not Available or just wont go to the channel.

It's connected to the internet. I repeated network setup several times and waited long enough each time. I cancelled the service call and am just having them send me a new 44. There must be some defect on my current Genie.

It's connected to the internet. I repeated network setup several times and waited long enough each time. I cancelled the service call and am just having them send me a new 44. There must be some defect on my current Genie.

Doubtful. Sometimes that just happens with VOD, especially when one resets and does the CLEARMYBOX too often. If you have CE software, revert to NR and wait at least 3 days before you do anything, including asking about things that will appear.

Doubtful. Sometimes that just happens with VOD, especially when one resets and does the CLEARMYBOX too often. If you have CE software, revert to NR and wait at least 3 days before you do anything, including asking about things that will appear.
Hey, if he gets a 44 out of it, good for him !
If he had a 44 already, not sure what the issue may be.

Will do. I just don't know how to revert to NR, whatever that is. Anyways, I'll do it next time, I'm getting a new 44 out of this, so I'll know for next time.

nothing bad was implied, I was setting the right expectations!
Gotcha.

Most of the time you really don't know if you get a refurb or not unless you look into the situation ... the tech is not gonna come out and say you get a new or you get a refurb.

Fwiw, I think they have a refurb sticker on the bottom ...

Gotcha.

Most of the time you really don't know if you get a refurb or not unless you look into the situation ... the tech is not gonna come out and say you get a new or you get a refurb.

Fwiw, I think they have a refurb sticker on the bottom ...
If its send from DIRECTV® most likely is a refurb, if its tech delivered, most likely is brand spanking new. And that was my point!

Didn't know that .... are you saying that refurbs don't go to the techs warehouses ?
no, never said that. That is why I said, "most likely". Receivers are send from the distribution center, where they keep (or pile up) refurbs ready to be sent to the field, and this same pile is where they send drop ship to customers. When the refurb pile is low at the DC, a PO is sent to local warehouses, meaning new boxes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)