Good 1 day, ...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcavaiani

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
WI
At camper, was getting 101 and 119 fine on Saturday, then on Sunday, nothing at all on 119 (Green Bay Locals went to all zeroes). Nothing visually changed outside. Is there some kind of an explanation for this?

Zero 119 signal even when became sunny. No cracks in lnb cover, but maybe some rust or connection corrosion inside - I did not check that. Looks like it could just go out any any time - but the 101 remains working ?

if you know anyone who has a box you can put in to test, you can rule out the box. what type of signals are you getting on the 101?

never say never, but its usually not the box. since the transponders on the 101 are all over the map, i'd hazard a guess theres something wrong with the LNB.

No, they are not "all over the map". Remember, 101 has several spotbeams and the signals can be very low on spotbeams not "pointing" at your city.

So, it could be the box? On 101, I get a range of 62 low to 95 high.
Perhaps you may want to post those transponders readings. If you are getting low #s on the CONUS beams and high #s on the SPOTS, this indicates a misaligned dish an d would explain why you are not getting the 119

No, they are not "all over the map". Remember, 101 has several spotbeams and the signals can be very low on spotbeams not "pointing" at your city.

i was probably reading more into that then you as where i am i have three 0' and everything else reads ~95 on the 101. knee jerk thought.

i was probably reading more into that then you as where i am i have three 0' and everything else reads ~95 on the 101. knee jerk thought.

I finally have 119 working, have 90's on 7 transponders, 0 on 29 and 31 transponders, but wondering why only in the teens on transponder 25 - which is used for ??

It's a spot beam not pointing at you, you are picking up the edge of the spotbeam.

Reactions: dcavaiani
No, it's a signal not aimed at you. Spotbeams aimed at other cities can have low or zero signals.

Reactions: dcavaiani
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)