Anyone else havingn short black outs on recordings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ForumsForums

Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Ohio, US
I've had directv for over 10 years. Very happy with the service, especially DVR's, it changes the way we watch TV.

Over the past six months I have been seeing short little black outs on many of my recordings. The recording continues after a few seconds, so I just let it go and figured it was a little blip that would eventually go away. Not so. Now it seems to be doing it on more of the recordings and on all my DVR's. also sometimes the recording picture will freeze and stay that way for a minute or so, then it continues okay. The picture freeze does not happen as often as the black outs but it does happen multiple times a week.

Anyone else seeing things like this or better yet has anyone seen this and solved the issue?

Yes, we are haing exactly the same problem on all 3 of our R16/500 SD rceivers. Problem has gotten drastically worse since a recent software download that occurred in June on all 3 receivers.

I am having problems with my hr-34. Ever since the update it sucks. I have had to
reboot it 3 times in the last 5 days. What happens is I go to change the channel and it comes up
black as well show on the bottom of the screen ( when you press play) it has the info from the
last channel. It also shows I have something being recorded, but when I go to "list" it doesn't show up.
Someone mentioned this before, When I reboot it I get a pink screen. Very frustrating...

Brian

My list of programs recorded disappears even when it shows 84% free. I have two hr24-500s. If I reset the receiver, they come back for a period of time but then disappear later. Anyone else experience this problem?

I am having problems with my hr-34. Ever since the update it sucks. I have had to reboot it 3 times in the last 5 days. What happens is I go to change the channel and it comes up black as well show on the bottom of the screen ( when you press play) it has the info from the last channel. It also shows I have something being recorded, but when I go to "list" it doesn't show up. Someone mentioned this before, When I reboot it I get a pink screen. Very frustrating... Brian
can i ask how old your tv is? i use get the pink screen but i got newer tv last week and same hookup and everything and no more pink screen!

lgsvette said:
My list of programs recorded disappears even when it shows 84% free. I have two hr24-500s. If I reset the receiver, they come back for a period of time but then disappear later. Anyone else experience this problem?

Actually, I seen this or the very first time yesterday. Showed I had 94% free but nothing showed. When I go to my other HDDVRs they show the recordings but I get the "no audio/data packets available" RBR fixed this but I'm curious if anybody else has this issue too

can i ask how old your tv is? i use get the pink screen but i got newer tv last week and same hookup and everything and no more pink screen!

It's not the TV it is a year old Panasonic. Since the update the box doesn't work normally. It only gets the pink screen when I do the reboot.

Just a request: maybe we could make separate threads for the different problems, and keep them in the technical discussion forum? This thread was about blackouts during playback of DVR content, not the HR34 in general. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)