Anyone else HD quality going down?

Is it me (or my TV) or does the Jets game on CBS look like it's being filtered with cheese cloth.

I have the same problem. cbs look horrible in cleveland has well! twc at my parents house, cbs, looks fine.

Just moved over to Dish from DirecTV (long story) and so I was able to compare pretty quickly the diff. I would say there is a BIG difference between DirecTV and DISH HD. DirecTV, overall appears much better. But, it's not every channel but certain ones for sure.

For example, ESPN HD, the letters in all the pretty graphic boxes are ghosted sometimes, and not others. It's far more pronounced on my 46 Toshiba than on my 32" Samsung, but it's there nonetheless. So far, I'm very unimpressed with DISH HD.

I would never go back to Directv, ever!
I would pull the plug and fork over the extra money for extra bandwidth on the net before I would go back.

Part of it may be perception also.

I know that once I started seeing it , I started looking for it more.
By comparing my recorded programs to those that are being broadcast now, I can compare the two.
A lot of shows, there is a difference. But on a few shows I would have sworn there was softening but when I compared the two. It was identical.

So I guess it goes back to the old saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

After watching the Sunday night Colts game on NBC, I kind of feel bad for picking on NBC for their problems with live sports in HD. I didn't see any of the pronounced macro-blocking issues that I normally expect to see from NBC Sports. It looked pretty darn good!

I did continue to notice that when they switch screens, camera, graphics, etc, the picture is soft for about a second.

I concur about the Sunday Night Football game. On Dish it looked spectacular. Colors were very bold, and the detail was outstanding. Now if only ESPN could look that good for tonights game. :(