Anyone else - Local Channels Missing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
A Directv friend - subscriber calls me and asks me to help lead her thru the sat setup process...seems her local channels disappeared. Going to "local channels" in the guide listed the la locals 391,393,397 and 399, and a 697? When she went to the "custom" list, the first channel was 78.

I thought one of the lnb's had gone bad that fed the locals, but it didn't make any sense to me that they wouldn't be an option in the custom list.

She finally called Customer Service (?) and was told that it was just a "re-authorization" ?????

Is that how Directv re-authorizes subscribers? by turning off their locals????

Anyone else have this experience?

She's been with Directv for several years.

A Directv friend - subscriber calls me and asks me to help lead her thru the sat setup process...seems her local channels disappeared. Going to "local channels" in the guide listed the la locals 391,393,397 and 399, and a 697? When she went to the "custom" list, the first channel was 78.

I thought one of the lnb's had gone bad that fed the locals, but it didn't make any sense to me that they wouldn't be an option in the custom list.

She finally called Customer Service (?) and was told that it was just a "re-authorization" ?????

Is that how Directv re-authorizes subscribers? by turning off their locals????

Anyone else have this experience?

She's been with Directv for several years.

The reauthorization was most likely what they did to correct the problem, and not something they did to get her to call in. It happens sometimes.

I live in the Cleveland DMA and the same thing has happened to me 5 times in the last 2 months. I lose the local HD only, not any other channels, (national channels, HD or SD). I had to do the same thing, get my HD box reauthorized by the CSR. My D12 boxes haven`t had any problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)