Anyone else looking forward to The Beatles Rockband?

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Don't think I'll be dropping the $250 for the entire bundle, but I'll certainly grab the game only. Intro video looks great.

I'll probably get it, or at the least Gamefly it. I really don't like that we can't export the tracks to be played in other Rock Band games, but I'm sure that's a licensing issue..

Some games developers knows how to wear a game title out.

Enough:
Guitar Heros
Rock Band
Halos
Tony Hawk

Or least put a little time between the releases

Some games developers knows how to wear a game title out.

Enough:
Guitar Heros
Rock Band
Halos
Tony Hawk

Or least put a little time between the releases
I'd add Madden and every EA Sports game to that list. Honestly, we do NOT need a new game every year. Back in the 90's when there was still lots of room for improvement, the move made more sense. But now they just release roster updates, slight graphical updates, and some new random thing to do with the right analog stick. Nothing validating another $60 expenditure of money. I think that sports games should only come out every 2 years, and that in the meantime they release roster updates via DLC.

I am glad EA didn't put out another NASCAR game because they have totally ruined it. I hope they give that license up to someone else.

I'd add Madden and every EA Sports game to that list. Honestly, we do NOT need a new game every year. Back in the 90's when there was still lots of room for improvement, the move made more sense. But now they just release roster updates, slight graphical updates, and some new random thing to do with the right analog stick. Nothing validating another $60 expenditure of money. I think that sports games should only come out every 2 years, and that in the meantime they release roster updates via DLC.

:up:up

+1. Unfortunately as long as gamers keep buying the full $60 version upon release, they'll keep cranking them out.

Like many, I'll at least go every-other-year on Madden.

As far as Rock Band Beatles, that just might be enough to finally get me into the whole music game genre since I'll actually know most of the songs, though I won't buy the full bundle at release.

Actually, Rock Band shouldn't be too much of a complaint. There have only been 2 main versions(this will be the 3rd), as compared to Guitar Hero. And unlike Guitar Hero, there have been many improvements and reasons to buy the sequels. I would consider buying this if I could export the tracks to RB2 and not have to switch discs like I can with RB, but forget it. I don't even like The Beatles, but if I could add all these songs to my library, I'd buy it.

Actually, Rock Band shouldn't be too much of a complaint. There have only been 2 main versions(this will be the 3rd), as compared to Guitar Hero. And unlike Guitar Hero, there have been many improvements and reasons to buy the sequels. I would consider buying this if I could export the tracks to RB2 and not have to switch discs like I can with RB, but forget it. I don't even like The Beatles, but if I could add all these songs to my library, I'd buy it.
Really? I played RB 1 and 2 and quite frankly, RB 2 seemed more like an update of RB1 as opposed to a drastically different game, and it just "fixed" stuff that was busted in the first version. Yes it had more tracks and added the challenges and single world tour, but as far as the gameplay and the actual GAME, very little was changed.

Also, this is only 1 of 3 Rock Band games coming out this YEAR. Don't forget Rock Band: Unplugged for the PSP and Lego Rock Band for the younger crowd (and this isn't mentioning all the track packs they've released.) I'm not a hater of RB at all, but I like how people all seem to "forget" the fact that RB 2 came out less than 1 year after the first game did, not to mention the [ame="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/452-Guitar-Hero-World-Tour"]The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Guitar Hero World Tour@@AMEPARAM@@videos/config/452-cebf3f3553a3be923d0b72fc0b83600a.js@@AMEPARAM@@452@@AMEPARAM@@cebf3f3553a3be923d0b72fc0b83600a[/ame]

Apparently Green Day has said they are the next Rock Band themed game.
Were they high? No offense to Green Day, but I really don't think they have a large enough body of work to justify their own game, as compared to an AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metallica, Van Halen, etc. I'd love to see some of their songs be Rock Band TRACKS, but I'm not paying for a whole Green Day GAME..

Ya I'm not much of a Green Day fan, if they made a Guns and Roses Rock Band though I'd be first in line, and im so bored of these games. Having already released all of Chinese Democracy as DLC this would be unlikely to ever happen though.

Not a big Beatles fan so probably not.
i don't think so
clear.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)