Anyone else lose 118.7 Transponder 26 Channels?

RASHID007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Border
None of my channels on 118.7 Transponder 26 work any more. They say the signal is lost. For example I have the Arabic package and all channels are on 118.7. Those on 26 don't work, everything else works fine.

Anybody else having problems with 118.7 Transponder 26 channels? This has been going on for over a month now. I just assumed my dish had moved and needed adjustment but how can only the 1 transponder be affected?

I am in Windsor (Detroit) with a VIP722 and Dish 1000+ getting 110/119/118.7/129.

I am not home now but when I get home I will figure out the exact error it's giving and post it here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'm getting 52% on 118.7 Transponder 26. I don't sub to those channels, so I can't say if those channels are out.

Thanks for the feedback. I just checked the EKB channel list quickly to see but can't seem to find any other (non-arabic) channels on 118.7 transponder 26 so I can test those for comparison. Does anybody know of another standard programming channel on 118.7 26? Or can I test 129 26 for comparison and narrowing the issue?

Thanks for the feedback. I just checked the EKB channel list quickly to see but can't seem to find any other (non-arabic) channels on 118.7 transponder 26 so I can test those for comparison. Does anybody know of another standard programming channel on 118.7 26? Or can I test 129 26 for comparison and narrowing the issue?

Check TheList link in my signature.

Sorry, I'm new at this satellite stuff so maybe I don't get it. I checked the list and clicked on 118.7 and only see 1 line item. What am I checking the list for?

I did open it and click on 118.7 but I only see 1 item that says:

11804 (R/V) 20000 Channel Name Video Pid Audio Pids PCR Provider Encryption Last Updated
tv.jpg
9903 NONE 5154 5155 5154 EchoStar 118 W 4/09/2008

Thank you, I see it now. Looks like 118.7 Transponder 26 is only for ethnic channels of which I only have the Arabic. Does anybody have any channels on 118.7 Transponder 26 and can confirm that they are or are not working?

I figure if somebody else has the same problem then it's not a dish pointing issue on my end.

Can it even be a dish pointing issue if it's just the channels on one sat on one transponder? Wouldn't I lose more if it were that the dish had moved a bit?

It depends on the direction and how far off it is. It is possible to lose only a couple of channels. What is your signal strength on your Arabic channel?, what weather conditions cause you to lose the signal, ie: light rain, heavy rain, clear but windy, overcast?

I did open it and click on 118.7 but I only see 1 item that says:

11804 (R/V) 20000 Channel Name Video Pid Audio Pids PCR Provider Encryption Last Updated
tv.jpg
9903 NONE 5154 5155 5154 EchoStar 118 W 4/09/2008

You need to look at the subscription side...my signature links directly to that part. Click the 118.7 satellite. Then you can click on the header where it says Transponder to sort by transponder.

It depends on the direction and how far off it is. It is possible to lose only a couple of channels. What is your signal strength on your Arabic channel?, what weather conditions cause you to lose the signal, ie: light rain, heavy rain, clear but windy, overcast?

Not caused by weather, these channels have not come in for over a month now and we've had very clear weather for most of that time.

Ok, did some testing. Error is 002 Signal has been lost on Transponder 26 Satellite _____ (blank). That's what it says when try one of the channels on 118.7 26.

Checked the signal strength on 118.7 and found most transponders ranged from 25 to 50 signal strength and showed a green bar. Transponders 25, 26 and 28 show signal strength of only 1 or 0 and say 'Locked - Name not found'.

Thoughts please? Has my dish just moved and needs to be readjusted? Channels have been gone for about a month now, regardless of weather. I'm just now getting time to trouble shoot. Went through the channel list and found only 118.7 Transponder 26 channels are missing.

Could be a number of things.... bad LNB... moisture in the cable fittings...etc.

Ok, I will check the fittings first. Also, the middle LNB on my Dish 1000+ does the 118.7 and 119, correct? If it were an LNB problem would 119 be giving me problems as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts