Anyone else not getting user guide or On Demand?

jclampit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 25, 2004
I'd been in a holding pattern since Voom DBS died. Last Wed I finally signed up w/ Comcast in Jacksonville, FL and got the Motorola DVR.

The problem is that my program guide shows "To Be Announced" on every channel, and the On Demand feature keeps saying "This channel will be available shortly", but it never comes in. I've called Comcast three times and they keep telling me it's a systemwide problem, and their engineers are still working on it.

I can't seem to find anyone else, though, with this problem. Anyone on here experiencing this?

(Btw, my non HD box works fine. And I've already tried resetting the 6412.)

I sounds as if you head end has some problem. Comcast told you that they have a systemwide problem, be patient. If it doesn't fix itself in a day or two, ask for a new box.

jclampit said:
I'd been in a holding pattern since Voom DBS died. Last Wed I finally signed up w/ Comcast in Jacksonville, FL and got the Motorola DVR.

The problem is that my program guide shows "To Be Announced" on every channel, and the On Demand feature keeps saying "This channel will be available shortly", but it never comes in. I've called Comcast three times and they keep telling me it's a systemwide problem, and their engineers are still working on it.

I can't seem to find anyone else, though, with this problem. Anyone on here experiencing this?

(Btw, my non HD box works fine. And I've already tried resetting the 6412.)

It took about an hour for my guide to populate once I called to get it activated. I would ask for a new box if this isn't fixed in a day or two.

Good luck. I'm starting to enjoy the box now that I'm getting used to the features and remote (I had Dish for 8+ years so it's a pretty big change for me).

I had this problem when I had Comcast installed about 2 yrs. ago. The technician said to just wait for an hour or two to get my digital channels and the guide. After one day, I wasn't getting anything so I called Comcast. It turned out to be a problem with my existing wiring, it was RG59 (100 ft. run) and the signal was too low for Digital TV to work. They replaced the cable and everything was fine. What kind of cable do you have? or it could also be a bad connector.

I was pissed off at the first technician who didn't even check the wiring. We had just bought the house and had no idea what we had in there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)