Anyone else notice blackout problems on Extra Innings?

Chris Walker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
I scrolled ahead in the guide a couple days and noticed that I am blacked out on both Extra Innings and Fox Sports Cincinatti for the Cubs/Reds game Wednesday. I checked the mlb.tv database and it says my zipcode is in Reds terrority, so shouldn't I be getting it on Fox Cincinatti? Who do I call to get this straightened out?

It will probably get smoothed out before game time.

I'm the perfect example of jumping the gun.....The NCAA Hockey games a couple weeks ago. Dish picked up the Victory feed and allowed all of us in MN, ND & SD get it for free. But on my receiver, until it was the next item (when you browse), it would say "Blacked out".

Redwings Blacked Out on ESPN and ESPNHD

I do not live in Det. , I am on the other side of the state, and they are blacking me out and forcing me to watch it on FOX Sports Detroit , thus I have to watch a blury streched version. DISH really overcompress the SD stuff IMO.

If I pay for HD programming I should be able to watch it, regardless if its available locally.

bclarke68 said:
I do not live in Det. , I am on the other side of the state, and they are blacking me out and forcing me to watch it on FOX Sports Detroit , thus I have to watch a blury streched version. DISH really overcompress the SD stuff IMO.

If I pay for HD programming I should be able to watch it, regardless if its available locally.

This game is not in HD so you're not missing anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts