Anyone else seen this from an 811?

kpeercy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I live in central Kentucky and got my 811 on January 15. I did the digital scan and was able to receive the local CBS (78%-82%), local ABC (high 60's and low 70's, but perfect picture), local PAX (in the 80's) and about six different digital PBS channels (most in the mid and high 80's). I was able to watch all of them perfectly for about six weeks. Then, one day the digital ABC and PBS were gone. I redid the scan, but they aren't found anymore. When I do the manual add DTV and put it on channel 40 (the local ABC), I get no signal at all. How can I go from 70% for ABC and 80% for PBS to absolutely nothing? It's been two weeks now and I still can't find them.

kpeercy said:
I live in central Kentucky and got my 811 on January 15. I did the digital scan and was able to receive the local CBS (78%-82%), local ABC (high 60's and low 70's, but perfect picture), local PAX (in the 80's) and about six different digital PBS channels (most in the mid and high 80's). I was able to watch all of them perfectly for about six weeks. Then, one day the digital ABC and PBS were gone. I redid the scan, but they aren't found anymore. When I do the manual add DTV and put it on channel 40 (the local ABC), I get no signal at all. How can I go from 70% for ABC and 80% for PBS to absolutely nothing? It's been two weeks now and I still can't find them.

They could be working on the transmitters or tower where they are located. To avoid exposure by workmen, the tranmitters must be turned off while they are working. I'm not saying that's what's happening there, but it's been happening here in the SF Bay Area.

I'm still receiving the channels in Lexington on my 6000. Can you still get the PAX
station? CBS is VHF and the others are UHF. Could it be a problem with your antenna?
We had some high winds the last week and could have moved your antenna out of alignment if it is outside.

nuts4scuba said:
I'm still receiving the channels in Lexington on my 6000. Can you still get the PAX
station? CBS is VHF and the others are UHF. Could it be a problem with your antenna?
We had some high winds the last week and could have moved your antenna out of alignment if it is outside.

No. My antenna is an indoor.

GaryPen said:
Au contraire. I use an indoor "silver sensor", and receive something like 28 channels from 15 stations, most of which are about 40 miles away.
All Digital? Consider yourself lucky. Most people have problems with outdoor antennas at 40 miles and considering all the people posting about the 49%. I heard good things about the Slver Sensor but WOW 40 miles.

Really? I have an outdoor in my attic (technically indoors, yes?) and I'm getting my digitals at 85%-95% signal strength. And I'm 45 miles from the towers.

snathanb said:
Really? I have an outdoor in my attic (technically indoors, yes?) and I'm getting my digitals at 85%-95% signal strength. And I'm 45 miles from the towers.

Then your house must not be built very well or you must not have any trees around .

I am 16 miles from the ABC,CBS and FOX towers in NYC and I Can't get any damn one of them with my 811 and Silver Sensor. Outdoor Antenna is not an option (nor is attic).
Guess I have too many tress and this big sound barrier (for the highway) blocking me.
Can get my Local NJN-PBS HD feed tho.

Maybe get a smaller outdoor antenna and put it up in a closet? Sounds like a difficult situation, you might have to get creative. Maybe you could hide that new antenna that looks like a box somewhere.

mboy said:
I am 16 miles from the ABC,CBS and FOX towers in NYC and I Can't get any damn one of them with my 811 and Silver Sensor. Outdoor Antenna is not an option (nor is attic).
Guess I have too many tress and this big sound barrier (for the highway) blocking me.
Can get my Local NJN-PBS HD feed tho.

Mike has a good idea. You can try a Channel Master 4221, StealthTenna, SmarTenna, or maybe even a Terk TV55. A lot of people have no luck with the Terk, but it worked fairly well for me before I switched to the SS.

ROLLTIDE said:
Then your house must not be built very well or you must not have any trees around .

House it built just fine, thank you! :rolleyes: But, yes, no trees. We do live on a hill of sorts... we can see downtown DFW 30-40 miles away clearly when the weather pushes the smog out.

It's also a Channel Master 3020 12ft directional UHF/VHF antenna, rated for UHF reception to 65 miles. No preamp necessary.... :cool:

I have a $73 Radio Shack 31 element outdoor antenna in my attic and receive Memphis stations at 80-85%. I live in Jonesboro, Arkansas which is 75 miles away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)