Anyone else still not have "I Am Legend?"

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I was planning to order I Am Legend while it was 2.99 but it looks like I won't be able to. I check my 501 channels every day and I've got about a dozen SD movies but nothing in HD. This is on a 622.

I have been Turbo Charged for over a week now and nothing. Didn't Dish say they are running" I am Legend" until the end of August?? Dish you have only a few more days and college football gets here. I will watch a pigskin in 1080i or 720p before I PAY for a 1080p movie that I cannot keep.

No I am Legend on at least 2 of my 3 622's. Grr..................

I even sent a note Sunday to ceo@echostar.com and NO response.

I'm NOT impressed with all the hoopla and rollout.

We are rapidly running out of month here.

Maybe you need to turn off your receiver all day long for 3 days to get the whole thing downloaded?
Do you have a short inactivity timeout, have you enabled nightly updates, and is the DVR not scheduling recording all the time? Many factors will delay the full download of the movie.

The tv is off during the business day and in standby. Yes, I have nightly updates set, and there are recordings during prime-time.

I re-iterate, I'm still not impressed.

Maybe you need to turn off your receiver all day long for 3 days to get the whole thing downloaded?
Do you have a short inactivity timeout, have you enabled nightly updates, and is the DVR not scheduling recording all the time? Many factors will delay the full download of the movie.

The tv is off during the business day and in standby. Yes, I have nightly updates set, and there are recordings during prime-time.

I re-iterate, I'm still not impressed.

My 722 has no channel 501, nothing at all.
Plus in all of dish's marketing for this (channel 75, commercials, emails, ) i didnt see anything about " to get this, you cant watch tv for 3 days." I also have the nightly updates and my box is off every night from 10pm- 9am, without any timers, so there is plenty enough time for downloading. Dish jumped the gun as obviously this wasnt ready for total release without problems, or without serious "gotcha's"

I agree, its been nearly a month (excluding the fact that it took nearly 3 weeks after it was available for us on 622's to even get the FW upgrade, but I digress), and I still have no "HD 501's". I have 2 501's, Rambo and 10,000BC. Thats it. The box is shut off at night, no recordings are made, and still not a thing- quite irritating!

I only have 1 channel 501 and it is only Meet the browns on my 722 connected via broadband. The other 722 connected only to the phone line has 7 channel 501s. Yet the 722 that does the most recording is the one with 7 channels and the one that is off the majority of the time still has nothing.

I love this setup, Both of my 622s were upgraded to turbo. But only one has channel 501 listed with I am Legend HD. Both have a list of SD movies on Channel 501, but only one has I am Legend HD. I find it FUNNY because both 622's have 1080p TVs.

I love this setup, Both of my 622s were upgraded to turbo. But only one has channel 501 listed with I am Legend HD. Both have a list of SD movies on Channel 501, but only one has I am Legend HD. I find it FUNNY because both 622's have 1080p TVs.

Makes you really wonder what makes the difference. I thought a 622 is a 622. Same software connected to the same dish. What makes it act so different?

What I heard is movies download between 1am and 9am, if no timers are firing in this time frame and the receiver is turned off. So turning it off during daytime doesn't help. P. Smith even said that as long as ONE tuner is free, it'll take downloads at this time. So even IF there is a timer firing during that time, it only uses ONE tuner. So it shouldn't matter, it still should be able to use the other tuner to download. Also the default 3am update and reboot will interrupt the downloads too. So does it continue where it left off, or does it have to start over? I am gonna set the nightly update to 12am and see what happens. OTH, I don't belive that everybody that HAS movies, changed their update from the default 3am. There's really no telling what the heck is going on.:confused::confused::confused:

What I heard is movies download between 1am and 9am, if no timers are firing in this time frame and the receiver is turned off. So turning it off during daytime doesn't help. P. Smith even said that as long as ONE tuner is free, it'll take downloads at this time. So even IF there is a timer firing during that time, it only uses ONE tuner. So it shouldn't matter, it still should be able to use the other tuner to download. Also the default 3am update and reboot will interrupt the downloads too. So does it continue where it left off, or does it have to start over? I am gonna set the nightly update to 12am and see what happens. OTH, I don't belive that everybody that HAS movies, changed their update from the default 3am. There's really no telling what the heck is going on.:confused::confused::confused:

Exactly. Not only that, the default time is 3am, right in the middle of the "supposed" download time. I would guess most subs leave their update @ THE 3am time. there is just a dish problem with this whole channel 501/1080 mess.
To me, this shouldnt have been sent out until it was 100% ready. Just imagine if this was a new channel launch. Channel xyz is now on channel 501, but to watch the channel, see this list of 20 things that must happen so you can actually watch the channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)