Anyone else still not have "I Am Legend?"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Update:
I did NOT get it over night. I've left voice mail for my contact.

ralfyguy: I don't know. I'll ask when I talk to my contact.

Both of my 622s still don't have it but have many other 501s. They do not have Ethernet and have been left off for very long periods of time including the mentioned timeframe. On one, I moved the update time to the afternoon with no effect. Also, it would be really nice if Dish would put up a 5 minute 1080p test demo for people to test TV compatibility.

Further update:
my contact had me send the logs from my receiver, and he's going to have the engineering staff look at them.

Ralfyguy: He says you should have VOD, and he's looking into that as well.

I also have NO VOD at all on my VIP622. No 501's, no "Movie more", and no "TV Entertainment". I have tried to jump thru all the suggested hoops to make it happen. Several calls and online chats to dish have produced no results. Any suggestion that there could be something wrong with the box, or HDD gets dismissed immediately by the TSR. Here is an interesting excerpt from one online chat a few days ago (before we knew about L6.13):

(24DrDcb) Deborah S: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in HD and
DVR. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access
your account and review the information you have already provided.
(24DrDcb) Deborah S: I am sorry, I need to check your software, can I have you
press your menu button 2 times'
ME: L612RBDD-N
(24DrDcb) Deborah S: thanks
(24DrDcb) Deborah S: I am sorry, that is not the software for the 1080p, but you
will get it, we just have not rolled it out to all 622's yet
ME: What is the version needed?
(24DrDcb) Deborah S: 600

ME: impossible, that would be a back rev
(24DrDcb) Deborah S: I am sorry, but that is the version that is needed, some
time we do back revisions
ME: this simply cannot be true, I know people with l612 that have ALL
the 510 VOD's
(24DrDcb) Deborah S: I am sorry, that is my information

What??? Backrev to what??? There never was a L6.00 for 622's (at least that was released).
Now really, can't Charlie even get the scripts right?

Something must be VERY wrong in the management chain that allows CSR's and in this case a TSR to hand out obviously wrong information. A simple "we are aware of a problem, we are not sure what the problem is yet, we're working on it" is a much better answer then outright wrong information.

Regardless, I see L6.13 is out today, maybe that will help. I am entitled to have the VOD function like everyone else, regardless of how often I may use it...... and DAMMIT, I do want IAL for 2.99 to see how it looks on my month old Sammy 1080p/24.
Shame on you Charlie, you've created some really unhappy customers over the VOD service that was promised a month ago. Many like me, long time customers that you really can't afford to lose!

Last edited:
I have a 622 and a 722. Both have internet connection and show that they are connected online. Both claim to have been turbo'd and have the new software release.

The 622 has 4 channel 501s, but none of them are I am Legend. The 622 is connected to a 720p LCD via HDMI.

The 722 has NO channel 501s. It is connected to a new 1080p LCD, but via component for now. (Yes, I know I should ideally connect it via HDMI, but the 722 is in a different room and hence I am using long component cables). At some point I will move the 722 and connect it via HDMI.

Still nothing for me either. Same old 501 with Meet the browns as it has been for the entire month.

I still don't have IAL on any of mine and only the two 622's have any VOD.

NO VOD on any of my 722's even the two that I have been keeping in standby except when checking to see if any thing has downloaded.

E* really has a serious problem with their VOD.

I was able to get I am Legend as soon as I DLd the new 612 sw. I heard you have to have updates turned off btwn 1-9am MST to get it?!?!? It worked fine on my 1080p tv....

Further update:
my contact had me send the logs from my receiver, and he's going to have the engineering staff look at them.

Ralfyguy: He says you should have VOD, and he's looking into that as well.

LER thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate it! :)

Last edited:
Well apparently there's a few more without ANY VOD, and the tech's said there shouldn't be. There's something seriously wrong. Don't forget: For the one's without VOD, there's also no selling going on. They offer this to make money, but they can't get no money from me, bcause I get nothing offered.

Update from my E* contact:
They are still looking at my logs, but it might be fixed in L613.

Waiting for more info.

If you have NOT gotten IAL, but HAVE gotten L613 today, please post if you get it over night.

Update from my E* contact:
They are still looking at my logs, but it might be fixed in L613.

Waiting for more info.

If you have NOT gotten IAL, but HAVE gotten L613 today, please post if you get it over night.
My 622 has L613 with two VOD - no HD. My 722 has L612 and no VOD.

My 622 has L612, 8 VOD SD as of this morning. It loses 1 VOD every day. No IAL on it either, and no HD versions.

My 722 has L612, and is as blank as a white sheet of paper with nothing on it. There was 1 TV Entertainment event with Boxing on it, that has vanished also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts