Anyone else unhappy with XM?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Our 06 Accord has XM radio built into it. When we got the car in 06 it came with a free 90 day trial. I had Sirius at the house which I really liked but cut off around that time as I didn't want both. Well, after the 90 days I let the XM run out as I didn't find that I liked it. They play a lot of music I've never heard of that imo sucks. Sirius was much better.

Well, anyway I was thinking you know now that they are merging and what not or just in general maybe it's gotten better. I called to hook it up and can't say I'm impressed now either. They have 2 okay country channels, no good rap channels that I can find, and 1 okay rock channel. Basically I listen to anything but all I can find really good on XM is the 2 country channels. The thing is our local radio station has 2 good country channels anyway I can listen to for free so basically I just want a better rock and rap station. We have one that plays a little of both on regular radio. Well, XM is even worse. The XM boneyard or whatever is okay for rock but not the best as I kind of want some new rock that is actually good. Not bands I've never heard of. The rap stations I can't find anything I've everheard of much either. The City is all I can really find with anything and I've only seen a couple songs on that which were any good or that I've heard of. The other ones all seem to have junk on them like one has Leo G whoever that is on it pretty much all the time and they seem to all have a lot of dj so and so which just is pure junk.

Are there any good rock or rap stations on here? I'm starting to wish I had just left it off and more than likely it will get cut back off before the month is over. I hate I paid a $15 activation fee ontop of the service fee for this crap. Pretty much the local regular radio is just as good and in most cases better. The top hits channel has some new songs but even it's no better than regular radio.

Anyone else have it and super unhappy with XM? I'm just ranting because I'm upset I paid $15 to activate this crap. It hasn't gotten any better than it was 2 years ago if any of you are wondering.

Ok it seems to have a little better music at night which for the most part does me no good as I want good music during the day when I'm in my car. However I'm sitting here listening to The City station and noticed that Lollipop came on by Lil Wayne and noticed it was edited. WTF If I'm paying $13 a month I want to hear the song the way it was supposed to be heard. I'm not paying $13 a month to hear the edited versions of songs. That just kind of ticks me off. It's annoying to sit here enjoying a song and all of a sudden have just words stop while it takes a word out.

Unless my mind does a complete 180 this thing is getting cut back off as there is just too many things I don't like about it and not $13 worth of things I do like.

They do have okay classic rock but doesn't seem like they have a good channel for modern day rock.

The City seems okay for rap other than the fact I don't want to hear edited music.

Highway 16 and America seem okay for country

and Top 20 on 20 and XM hitlist okay for new songs.

After a lot more listening I've found a few decent channels but seems like they mostly play good music at night as the times I've listened to it during the day I haven't heard any of these good songs. I want good music in the day in the car not at night. The edited songs really bother me too. No way I want to pay to here music thats edited.

I had XM back in 2002 and I loved it for a few years. I was well worth the overpriced radio (at the time) and $10 a month.

Then they eventually dropped 7/10 of my presets and replaced it with redundant Top 40 radio or country.

World Zone was dropped, and The Torch, XM Music Lab, Ngoma, Unsigned, Special X, and XM News were all dumped. Talk stations had their audio quality severely diminished. I eventually let my subscription run out - and they still wanted me to pay for months I didn't get.

XM and Sirius were good ideas, but not if they're just going to fill it with more and more mundane radio you can get in a decent-sized city.

I opposed the merger because I suspected it would result in worse programming. I subbed XM like 3 years ago but dropped it. I've often thought of starting again but it sounds like I'd pretty much be disappointed.

I dropped it because I detested the DJs interrupting the music. But I probably wouldn't like the music they now offer at a higher price. :rolleyes:

I opposed the merger because I suspected it would result in worse programming. I subbed XM like 3 years ago but dropped it. I've often thought of starting again but it sounds like I'd pretty much be disappointed.

I dropped it because I detested the DJs interrupting the music. But I probably wouldn't like the music they now offer at a higher price. :rolleyes:
I guess people listen to different stations than I do. I mainly listen to the classic rock and metal stations (Boneyard, Top Tracks, Big Tracks, Deep Tracks). I also listen to the blues and of course MLB. Never once have I heard a DJ ever interrupting the music. In fact, most of the stations I listen to don't even have DJ's. The DJ interruption issues are probably more on the "pop" stations.

I like XM. The sports arre those I prefer and i have acess to music I like. What do you mean by a "good" rock station? What type of rock are you looking for? I don't know if it is on XM or not but that would help us assist you.

I do wish XM had a better Rock station for those that are out now. Other than a top 20 channel they just have a Hits channel and it can play stuff from the 70's to now.

I do wish XM had a better Rock station for those that are out now. Other than a top 20 channel they just have a Hits channel and it can play stuff from the 70's to now.
Has there been any Rock (outside of trotting out the geezers) in the last 10 years?

The only Rock band I've heard on popular TV recently was Def Leppard on Dancing With The Stars.

Has there been any Rock (outside of trotting out the geezers) in the last 10 years?

The only Rock band I've heard on popular TV recently was Def Leppard on Dancing With The Stars.

Again it depends on what type of rock you are interested in. but there are several rock categories that seldom if ever get played on TV.

I got XM for mainly the Dance and Decades channels which XM does a much better job than Sirius. That is why I am protesting the merger. I hope it does not happen. I listen to Global Domination on BPM and the other mix shows on XM. Also Sunday night I like listing to the freestyle show and beyond chrome on Chrome. Also American Top 40 on the 80's channel. I just wish they would add some shows to the 90's station. It is still after over 2 years just a automated jukebox.

The only rock station I like is Big Tracks. All the other rock stations play too many songs I have never heard before except Big Tracks and sometimes Top Tracks.

This is America... right now we have choices in satellite radio, XM or Sirius. Get the one that has the programming you prefer. I have had XM radio for over 4 years; I also have some Sirius via DishNetwork.

There are some stations on XM that I like better than Sirius, and some on Sirius I like better than XM; there is some programming only available on XM and other programming only available on Sirius.

My preference is XM, but many others prefer Sirius.

Personally, I am looking forward to the merger. I hope that the unique programming from each service remains. I also look forward to 'ala carte' so I can pick and choose the 'premium' content I want.

Just my not so humble opinion.

Bob

I guess people listen to different stations than I do. I mainly listen to the classic rock and metal stations (Boneyard, Top Tracks, Big Tracks, Deep Tracks). I also listen to the blues and of course MLB. Never once have I heard a DJ ever interrupting the music. In fact, most of the stations I listen to don't even have DJ's. The DJ interruption issues are probably more on the "pop" stations.

Actually Sirius has some DJs. Also DISH hasa few channels programmed by Clear channel that have DJs.

Can't live without my Ron & Fez 9-noon (west coast representin)

Other than that...Fred & Lucy, XMU, The System...I used to like Frank's Place, but the new version isn't as good. Fungus is nice to have, though I don't listen much. Big Tracks, 70s and 80s are fun in short bursts with all the cheeseball pop music of my youth.

The only thing I prefer on Sirius is their Chill channel. XM's Chill channel is more appropriate to what I would expect from a Chill channel (IE- boring techno). Sirius's Chill channel actually plays good, mellow music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)