Anyone else using redbox??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else using redbox??
Myself and a number of co-workers have been using RedBox for maybe 2 years, pretty much as long as they've been here in our area. Problem is, they've gotten sooooo popular in the last year, new releases are harder to get anymore. I remember people looking at me, wondering what I was doing when using their machine. Now, you have to wait in line sometimes !

I use Redbox and love it. I have told a few family members about it and the ones that have used it also love it and the others say they are planning to start using it just haven't done it yet.

It's cheap. I can't see paying $5 a movie at Blockbuster. I hardly ever rented a movie because of that. I really had to want to see it to pay that and most of the time if I wanted to see it that bad I just bought it the day it came out. I haven't had many recently I wanted to see bad enough for pay $5 to rent or $15-20 to buy so I hadn't watched many. I then tried out Redbox and love it. There are several movies I wanted to see just not too bad but I've been renting them from Redbox and love it.

We have several around here like said you can check online and see what they have instock and even reserve it if you don't use a promo code. It seems like around here if you go the day the movie comes out you can usually catch it instock. However, if you go a couple days later most of the newest movies are out of stock. In a week or so it seems like it gets back to where you can get them most any time unless it's a super popular movie like Twilight and it's back to where you can get it pretty easily.

The other big thing about Redbox is that they have a lot of promo codes. So you can rent a free movie every Monday. It was Monday and Wed. through March but the Wednesday codes stopped yesterday.

Plus they have other codes you can use other times too. So half the time it seems like you can get the movie for free.

For the codes you can get the Monday codes if you sign up for their text message service or you can do like most people seem to do and just go to this site that lists them.

Inside Redbox | Redbox Codes, Redbox News, DVD Rental News, Free DVD Rentals is the site for the codes.

The only advantages I think Netflix has is the older movies and the online streaming. Other than that Redbox imo is a much better service as for the most part it ends up probably being cheaper for most people. You can also pick up a movie while getting groceries or shopping at Wally World around here.

I really like it and don't have a bad thing to say about it. I've had to wait a few times but most of the time around here there is no line.

As for blu-ray one of the ones here had 1 movie I saw in blu-ray. I haven't looked at the others so not sure if they have any or not. I'd rather rent a dvd for $1 than a blu-ray for $5 at Blockbuster anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)