Anyone else wish DishONLINE was for Like DOD?

bigfame

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
outside Atlanta, GA
Is it just me or is Directv miles ahead on the broadband based ondemand? I plugged up my ethernet cord to my HD DVR to check out dishONLINE and it was awful. Just titles in a list with no catagorization (directv seperates by channel) and most of the content that was free was clips. With dish having by far the best hardware and competing channel line up do you think or would you want them to invest more time/effort in DishONLINE?

It's a half-assed effort. Comcast is light years ahead with their on-demand system. Their DVRs suck ass, and their prices are outrageous, but they know how to do on-demand. Dish could learn a thing or two from them.

Agreed. Cable ondemand is the only thing saving cable in my opinion. DVR's suck, prices are super high, and a very low of HD channels. But damn that ondemand (instant streaming) is hard to replace.

Yeah, it sucks navigating through Dish's onDemand system; it is just an infinitely long list of crap alphabetically. You can't casually browse to find something to watch; you better know what you are looking for and use the search function.

I'm with you on this one. I was at a friend's house the other day and saw DirecTV's offering for on demand, and was shocked at how it looked, how much content there was, and how much of it was free. Dish is way behind in this department.

Also, what is taking so long on the remote DVR scheduling? That would be such a nice feature to have.

I'm with you on this one. I was at a friend's house the other day and saw DirecTV's offering for on demand, and was shocked at how it looked, how much content there was, and how much of it was free. Dish is way behind in this department.

Also, what is taking so long on the remote DVR scheduling? That would be such a nice feature to have.
+1

Don't ask Charlie that question; based on his reaction in the chat the other night, he had no clue! His face was like, "Wait, we don't do that yet? What good is it to steal Tivo's ideas, pay millions of dollars in lawsuit crap, and then not implement all of the features!!"

Dish online is so underdeveloped that nobody even talks about it here.

I kinda gave up on it, when during the Olympics I tried to download the HD opening ceremonies.

I started the download. It said that it would take about 2hrs to download. I kept checking back. 30%,... 55%...72%...

Then when I was sure that it would have been done, I checked and the recording was no where to be found. I could see other smaller recordings that I had downloaded, the opening ceremonies were gone. I then tried it again, two hours later no program to be viewed.

I never really tried it again after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts