Anyone ever quit DTV, then come back with a good deal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dem372

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
I quit DTV a few months ago to go to UVERSE and am sort of missing my dish. But, the price I get through Uverse is way too low to consider going back. I am just wondering if anyone has ever quit DTV and then was lured back by some kind of awesome deal? I keep waiting for the calls or the mailings trying to lure me back, and none have come...

I quit DTV a few months ago to go to UVERSE and am sort of missing my dish. But, the price I get through Uverse is way too low to consider going back. I am just wondering if anyone has ever quit DTV and then was lured back by some kind of awesome deal? I keep waiting for the calls or the mailings trying to lure me back, and none have come...

It use to be that once your a sub, your always a sub, meaning , they won't give you the NEW sub programming discounts, that seemed to have changed awhile back, but I haven't heard anything about former subs coming back with great plans of late.

Jimbo

I quit for a while (1yr) and came back. They gave me the new customer deal on NFL sunday ticket as well a a free HR21 and a free H20.

I quit for a while (1yr) and came back. They gave me the new customer deal on NFL sunday ticket as well a a free HR21 and a free H20.

This must have been in the last year or so, for awhile they changed thier thinking and now I think it's back to the old way of thinking.

Jimbo

The grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Aren't you under a contract with AT&T to get that super pricing?

I pick another provider only when I'm not content with my current provider. Chasing a deal is nonsense, IMO.

I quit 7 years ago and they begged me to come back with monthly ads and phone calls. They gave me new customer pricing without a single question.

I had DirecTV years ago in my name before I meet my wife. We kept DirecTV under her name and now I get stuff in the mail all the time to come back. They mail it to our home which is listed as the service address on our current account.

Don't they know know that her and I have the same last name and have service already established at this adderess?

I guess it depends. Back in 1995 I got D* and paid over $800 for 1 receiver,and a Satellite dish. Then in 1997 dropped D* for cable because D* had no local channels. But then in 2003 I build a house and moved to a place that had no cable"'at the time'" And I got D* again A 3 Room system with Now locals for $49 installed. Came with 3 Samsung receivers and a 3 LNB Dish. Much better deal then my 2nd time around then my 1st. But Getting free equipment out of D* hasn't been much of a success as an existing customer since.

I left D* last summer after ten years as they wouldn't budge off $299 to move me to HD. Tried E* ATT Homezone which was awful. Learned of the state "disconnect service" to the voice prompts and got an articulate person who could make deals. Paid $99 for an HR20 and H10, no rental fee for the H10, and some free free programming for 3 -6 months. The deal was good enough and I'm glad to be back.

I figured out a long time ago that the time spent dicking around with new installs and geting everything set up with new services far exceeds the value of the $20 a month savings I get when switching. I pick the best service for me and stick with it until that is no longer the case.

In late 2006 I left D* after 8 years for VZ FiOS. 9 months later we moved about 20 miles away to a community that wasn't serviced by VZ. When I called D* and asked them to reactivate my account, they couldn't find it, so I ended up going to Best Buy and getting the NFL Sunday Ticket promotion they had for new customers last summer. I was surprised that D* purged their system of my account so quickly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)