Anyone finding any deals...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Seems that the dealers on E-bay are still keeping the prices high too.........maybe so as not to devalue the equipment and scare off potential customers.

Garage sale weekend

City is full of garage sales this weekend, got me a coolsat7000 for $20. Also got a great deal on a dish from Sadoun. Now I got to plant another post before it gets too cold.

There's a posting on ebay --- 7 Coolsat 5000 receivers, 5 remotes, advertised as all working. Starting bid is $19.99.

Right now there is 4 days left.

That generation of STBs is about all we are going to see "deals" on for the time being. The high-end and 3rd/4th gen boxes are still being used in a variety of key-sharing systems.

For all intents and puoposes the N3 card hack is shut down in that the cards cant be compromised and re-programmed, but the ability to do a "man-in-the-middle" hack allows for sub sharing over IP.

As long as that is thriving, dont expect any good deals on the mainstream usb/ethernet equipped units.

I cant find it in my heart to feel sorry for DN (or any of the others for that matter) even though the situation would still exist if the price of the service was reasonable. HD should cost no more than SD, less actually if you consider "more bang for the buck" resource-wise (AKA $$$$) . PLEASE, no one go there about cost of new encoders etc, that is a one time/single ended expenditure and is a part of doing bussiness. Customers should not get the rapeing for it.
Dare I delve off into the PVR fee scam? Naaa, I'm pretty sure everyone that has ever had to rent something they already own knows the drill there.

Looking over the AZ's specs and features reminds me of the old "careful what you wish for" addage. A box that does everything.......All mode FTA and Media Center/networking, U-BOOB, www?T-n-A, web browsing....GAWD!
That's what I have a computer for......I cant imagine Tony's avatar eyeballing me on the 55" Hitachi! :eek:

Those prices on the CS HD series sound pretty good, guess I need to keep up a bit better. Not a lot of FTA shows up aroud here on craigslist, but what does is the 1st and 2nd gen stuff and it is way out of line pricewise. All the mainstream (read as "supported") HD, Ethernet and PVR capable stuff is still at or near the same price as before the N2/N3 switch.

Unfortunately even if NagraStar gets a handle on the public access key sharing systems, the VPN based systems will still create a demand for the kind of equipment we want to see in the bargin basement.

Shoulda' went with NDS Charlie......:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts