Anyone Get a Picture from 622 thru HDMI to a Sony KDL-xxS2000?

kovach

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
St. Louis
Just wondering since I've yet to achieve this.

Wondering if my HDMI port on the 622 is bad, or if there are some capatibility issues.

I don't have any other devices that use HDMI, so I can't hook them up to see if it's the port on my TV.

I have had a friend test the cable, and he said that worked fine.

Do you have more than on HDMI port on TV and have you tried it? Sure your input settings on TV are correct? Not impossible that your 622 HDMI port is bad. They have had issues with such. Tried component cables?

Most likely the HDMI is bad on the 622. I had the same issue on 2 receivers. Fixed both of them by upgrading to the 722. Have not had either of them go bad nor heard any issues from my buddies.

I gave up two years ago fighting with Dish about dead HDMI outputs. (there are some tech articles here that say what causes them to die... bad solder joints or the way the socket attaches to the board).. After the 3rd one they sent to replace it, I gave up. It worked for a few days then would seem to die a natural death.

Anyway, I just use component cable and consider one of the primary reasons I got my first HDTV with HDMI inputs was for easy of connection to the 622. So much for reason.

Not worth it to keep banging up my temper and getting pissed talking to Pakistan for resolution. Out of sight, out of mind....

Good luck with yours...

I'm using component and quite happy with it, just that every now and then I hear about them considering downrezzing the component to force us to HDMI so they can control more of what we record.

I only have 1 HDMI port on my TV; I too am guessing it's a bad HDMI port on the 622, and as someone else went through above, have discussed this with Dish several times and have gotten no where.

I'm fine with my current set up...just thinking forward if/when they force us to HDMI.

I don't have a Sony TV, but I had a problem with my 622 and HDMI. It turned out to be the cable. I had purchased (in desperation for HDMI one night) an expensive "gold plated" hdmi cable from a big box retailer (I won't call any names, but their initials are Wal-Mart). I fought with this problem for about 8 months. It would work for a few minutes, and then go away. I even had Toshiba come out and replace the control module on my TV. This solved it until I moved the TV back into place about an hour later. After I unplugged the HDMI to move my 622 back in place, it wouldn't connect again.

I had 3 622s... one gone due to lightning, one to a bad software update. None of them worked. On an off chance I bought some "cheap" HDMI cables from Monoprice.com and, lo and behold, I have had HDMI working flawlessly for about 3 months now on my 622 and an upconvert DVD player that didn't work with the other cable either.

Cables matter, and expensive isn't always better. YMMV, of course.

Hmmmm. I thought I would uncomplicate some cabling. I just tried my HDMI port on the 622 with my panasonic tv and I could not get it to work. Black screen. Tried two different cables (same brand and type though). Nothing. I have never used the HDMI port on the TV. The HDMI test screen does not indicate all as well. The 622 is older, about 2 years.

The comment about downrezzing concerns me. Am I now or will I in the future be getting lower res on my component outputs? Do I need to press this issue with Dish? From what I read, it seems the best solution is to upgrade to 722, is that true?

Matt

I don't have a Sony TV, but I had a problem with my 622 and HDMI. It turned out to be the cable. I had purchased (in desperation for HDMI one night) an expensive "gold plated" hdmi cable from a big box retailer (I won't call any names, but their initials are Wal-Mart). I fought with this problem for about 8 months. It would work for a few minutes, and then go away. I even had Toshiba come out and replace the control module on my TV. This solved it until I moved the TV back into place about an hour later. After I unplugged the HDMI to move my 622 back in place, it wouldn't connect again.

I had 3 622s... one gone due to lightning, one to a bad software update. None of them worked. On an off chance I bought some "cheap" HDMI cables from Monoprice.com and, lo and behold, I have had HDMI working flawlessly for about 3 months now on my 622 and an upconvert DVD player that didn't work with the other cable either.

Cables matter, and expensive isn't always better. YMMV, of course.

I too have a monoprice HDMI cable, the thickest gauge they offered. I had a friend test it out on his equipment, worked fine. So it isn't the cable...

I have a Sony KDS60A2000, and had no problems with HDMI with my previous 622, which I acquired just after they became available and used until this week. The 622 was replaced with 722, and again no problems. I use HDMI 1.3a compatible cables, though the TV's HDMI support is 1.3.

Using my HDMI port s on my 622 receiver and Sharp Aquos HDTV I'm getting good picture and sound on all channels except the VOD channels. The VOD channels give me a black screen, and that's it. Any what might be my problem? I checked the system setup on the receiver and I only see 1080i. It doesn't give me the option to select 1080p. My firmware version is L612. Any help would be great appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)