Anyone Getting Anything on Ciel2 (129w)(ku)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
Anyone getting any FTA on Ciel2 (129w Ku)? There are some strong transponders but my scans haven't picked up any TV stations. The blind scans aren't 100% accurate on the MicoSD. Sometimes a channel or two are missed and I have to manually enter in the TP's then scan them.

Regards,

Bill - KJ6EO

Thanks for your replies. Maybe I shouldn't have said that the blind scans on the MicroSD aren't accurate. More likely than not the channel/TP that I was looking for wasn't transmitting during the first scan. I'm new to FTA and thoroughly enjoying it. I'm always looking around to make sure that there aren't any channels that I've missed. In general, I'm very happy with the MicroSD. There are a few things that could be improved in my opinion. It would be nice if I could "sort channels by satellite". That would prevent allot of the "moving dish" waits. It takes a while for it to power on. A faster "power up" would be nice. Also, occassionally mine fails to power up. I have to cycle power via the remote which resolves the problem. The video quality is excellent though on the HD channels (viewed on my 46" Sony XBR9). Just as good as my Dish Hopper/Joey. I have a couple questions if you would be so kind to answer them. Why does NBC mute the audio on some of their feeds? Which listing of Sats/FTA channels is most accurate? One of the most accurate ones I have found is "lyngsat.com". I'd love to have a BUD for C-Band. Based on the C-Band channel listings, it looks like C-Band rocks. I already have a huge tower in my back yard, my DISH dish, my 90cm FTA dish, if I add a BUD I'm gonna look like the US Embassy at Santa Clarita (-: That's why the Sadoun 6 footer would work better for me (but it costs so darn much to ship it). Anyway, sorry for my rambling on!

It would be nice if I could "sort channels by satellite". That would prevent allot of the "moving dish" waits.

Press the SAT key when in the Channel list to sort the channels by satellite

It takes a while for it to power on. A faster "power up" would be nice.
Why put in standby mode? Mine is on 24/7 (keeps the time accurate in the manual GMT OFF setting mode as well!). Most electronics only shut off the output when placed in standby. The electronics remain operational in either OFF or Standby modes.

Why does NBC mute the audio on some of their feeds?
While on a channel, press the AUDIO key to select different audio feeds. The primary default PID may be silent, but often there are 4 or 5 additional audio channels available. The user selected audio track is saved when changing channels.

...Which listing of Sats/FTA channels is most accurate? One of the most accurate ones I have found is "lyngsat.com"...That's why the Sadoun 6 footer would work better for me (but it costs so darn much to ship it)...
You need to check multiple lists. Any one list could be wrong at any time since FTA is dynamic. Besides lyngsat, check The List, Mike Kohl's list, drsat, even sathint. And get familiar with satbeams and satstar too. Each one will teach you something.

Instead of buying a spanky brand new 6-foot C-band dish, why not find a local dish somebody doesn't want and buy it. That will eliminate shipping and you probably can eventually find a 10-foot dish that will serve you better and cost a LOT less. Start by checking toucanman's list, place free ads, check classifieds on this forum and elsewhere, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)