Anyone getting duplicate recordings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dalyew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Anyone recording EPL matches & related programs getting duplicate recordings on their dvrs? On Directv dvrs the program info is showing "No information available" hence if you set to record new episodes only in a series recording everything is recorded, even repeat programming.

Over in the D* part of the forum myself & other previous Dish ops have noticed that D*s Genie dvr doesn't seem to be as intuitive as the Hopper. One of the problems we've noticed is the problem stated above but some think it's not D*'s fault but Tribune who supplies the programming info. That would be true if Dish dvrs were having the same problem as Dish gets their programming info from Tribune as well.

There's almost always some show that does that with DISH. Yesterday it was Dog and Beth. It isn't no information available, instead when it happens it is usually a generic description of the program.

I' ve been getting duplicate recordings of PTAT recordings each night . Sometimes I get three recordings of the same show. I just delete all of them but one. Don't know why this is happening because I am still haven't had an software change since July 17 on my joeys and S401 on my hoppers on August 2.

Thanks for the responses guys. Not sure if I should take the limited response here means it's not as wide spread of a problem as on Direct. If you look on that thread you'll see a number of people complaining of duplicate recordings & other minor dvr issues. I definitely was more confident with my recording results with the Hopper than I am now with the Genie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts