Anyone getting NBA TV HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FantasyChannel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Did anyone get the Dallas/Sacramento game broadcast on NBA TV last night in HD?

DISH Network is denying they have NBA TV HD, even though it's in my guide and was on the website. After an email asking about the website saying NBA TV HD was available they took it off and never heard back.

I'm curious if the same issues are happening at DIRECTV.

Thanks

Was on Channel 95 last night on D*. I checked during the 3rd quarter while watching in on my local cable provider, since I had heard of NBA TV HD not being broadcast at the beginning of the season. I didn't check E* since I only have the Bronze HD package and doubt I would get NBA TV HD from them.

Directv has been on and off with the NBATVHD all year...I would say theyve shown maybe 30% of the available NBATVHD games this year...

They look like crap when they do show them..If you enjoy pixelation partys they are great though :D

Well at least they are showing some. That's more than what DISH is showing which stands at 0.

I know D* has shown some if not most of the NBA TV HD games. The Celtics were on Friday night. If it was a League Pass game, however, you have to subscribe to that package. I am pretty sure that E* has been showing the games from NBA TV as well.

bgilga said:
I know D* has shown some if not most of the NBA TV HD games. The Celtics were on Friday night. If it was a League Pass game, however, you have to subscribe to that package. I am pretty sure that E* has been showing the games from NBA TV as well.

As stated above, D* has shown maybe 30% of the available NBATVHD games this year..They never showed a single one until after the new year...And after that there were still many games that werent shown..

Last edited:
I thought I have you on record as not being a sub anymore...and just wondeing, why would someone that hates D* so much...get it. Seriously, not to bait you .

guffy1 said:
I thought I had read somewhere that DISH had been showing them?

Maybe Im mistaken......

It did say on dishnetwork.com that NBA TV HD was available on their sports page but after I sent emails and made phone calls they removed the info from the website and replied back and said they don't carry NBA TV HD.

bgilga said:
I am pretty sure that E* has been showing the games from NBA TV as well.

They haven't shown HD games all season. I figured they were too cheap to do it this year until I saw the info on their website and found NBAHD Channel 9466 which always says off-air. Then I started investigating.

If they don't broadcast NBA TV in HD then fine - that's what they decide, but I hate all the false advertising and lieing about them having it when they don't. And then to dodge the whole issue altogether, ....good grief.

FlyingJ said:
I thought I have you on record as not being a sub anymore...and just wondeing, why would someone that hates D* so much...get it. Seriously, not to bait you .

I cancelled it for about 2 weeks...But I couldnt stand not having FOX ABC and ESPN2 in HDLite, so I reactivated it recently after purchasing an H20..

I have no other way of getting these channels, HDLite or otherwise..I thought I could do without them, but I was wrong..

I will say that with the H20 the PQ is WAAAAY better than the piece of junk Samsung 360 I was using..

There is still mass pixelation/macroblocking though on the 1080i channels..Fortunately for me I have my cable company that I use for the 1080i channels..

FlyingJ said:
Me either...none ...ever
Since I never make an absolute statement... Oh wait.... :eek:
I too have a lot fewer pixalation issues that I see talked about here or other boards
But back to the original question, I have seen some of the last two NBA HD games from Sacramento. Looked OK to me
Mike

I have zero pixelation also...None...Ever..When Im watching Charter Cable channels that is :)

Anyone that claims zero pixelation problems with D* 1080i channels either has A). A really small HDTV(or no HDTV at all)..or B). They dont know what pixelation is..

Last edited:
bgilga said:
51 inch projection TV here and no pixelation. Maybe my dish was installed properly.

Ive never seen a Directv HD setup that didnt show a good amount of pixelation. I guess every Directtv HD setup Ive ever seen (maybe 6 to 8) has been set up incorrectly..

Or maybe you're a big fan of chuck steak and Velvetta cheese? My money is on the latter...

Only 106 inch HD projector here, yup that is probably too small. I think someone has installation issues. Glad to see that your pic improved Guffy with that new receiver. And you thought it was allll D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.