Anyone getting Phoenix HD Locals?

M

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 15, 2005
Just curious as to how the quality is on Phoenix HD LIL. I need to decide whether picking up a 622 would be worthwhile at this time.

J

jeb2942

Jul 2, 2004
Hillsboro, OR
I am getting the Phoenix locals and they are great compared to the SD versions. I have had no problems with audio/video with the HD locals. :)

M

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 15, 2005
Thanks Jeb.

When are they going to fix the sidewalks there in Sedona? I had lunch at Sally's BBQ last week and it was a disaster area!

J

jeb2942

Jul 2, 2004
Hillsboro, OR
Oh, you mean our "Uptown Enchancement Project". We really try to stay away from that area, like you said a real mess.

Supposed to be done October 2006. ;)

R

retorq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 13, 2006
I'm up in Kingman and I'm getting them A-OK. Not bad quality either. Not sure how bad they are compared to the OTA digitals since I'm 200+ miles away.

G

GuardMan

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 10, 2004
I just got my 622 hooked up and I'm getting them here in Flagsatff (NBC, ABC, CBS, & FOX). Haven't had much chance to watch but so far it looks much better that SD. I noticece a little bit of pixelation though. I'll trade that for upgrade from SD to HD.

M

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 15, 2005
Each HD-LIL spot has 6 channel numbers set aside. It's assumed the other 2 channels will eventually be PBS and CW, so that would be 8 and 61.

AFAIK, 3 (KTVK) doesn't broadcast anything in HD. It's doubful that any Indie stations will get carried in HD for many years.

Z

zanarchist

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Me and my wife think the Dish HD Phoenix channels are better than OTA ones. I have a 211 for Dish and a H10 for DTV that I get OTA with and the Dish channel looked a lot better to us. Also channel 3 does do some baseball in HD. I watch part of a game in HD a couple of weeks ago.

seminole2001

seminole2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 13, 2005
Earth
AFAIK, 3 (KTVK) doesn't broadcast anything in HD. It's doubful that any Indie stations will get carried in HD for many years.[/QUOTE]

That is false....D-Backs home games are in HD.

BTW PHX OTA stations do look better than the Sat feeds. It is a close call, but I prefer the OTA feeds.

R

retorq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 13, 2006
Each HD-LIL spot has 6 channel numbers set aside. It's assumed the other 2 channels will eventually be PBS and CW

What's CW?? Is that the new WB/UPN thing that's happening??

M

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 15, 2005
seminole2001 said:
AFAIK, 3 (KTVK) doesn't broadcast anything in HD. It's doubful that any Indie stations will get carried in HD for many years.

That is false....D-Backs home games are in HD.

BTW PHX OTA stations do look better than the Sat feeds. It is a close call, but I prefer the OTA feeds.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...I didn't know that because I can't get ANYTHING OTA. I went to their webpage before I posted and made a cursory look around and didn't see anything about HD.

So that means KTVK is the ONLY Phoenix channel that I know of producing anything in HD. Maybe they should make room for it.

That's pretty sad for a top 15 market. I know there's at least one station in Vegas considering going all HD for local news. That's market #48...and this station isn't exactly top rated.

seminole2001

seminole2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 13, 2005
Earth
I think that Fox produces the D-Backs games for 3TV. They use all the Fox Sports graphics for the games.

BTW I think that 12 News is in HD.

K

kb7oeb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 27, 2004
Phoenix,Arizona
12 news wasn't hd last time I saw it. The funny thing with channel 3 is they use Cox to get the HD feed from the stadium to channel 3 but cox does not offer the games to their own customers.