Anyone getting Phoenix HD Locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
Just curious as to how the quality is on Phoenix HD LIL. I need to decide whether picking up a 622 would be worthwhile at this time.

Thanks Jeb.

When are they going to fix the sidewalks there in Sedona? I had lunch at Sally's BBQ last week and it was a disaster area!

I'm up in Kingman and I'm getting them A-OK. Not bad quality either. Not sure how bad they are compared to the OTA digitals since I'm 200+ miles away.

I just got my 622 hooked up and I'm getting them here in Flagsatff (NBC, ABC, CBS, & FOX). Haven't had much chance to watch but so far it looks much better that SD. I noticece a little bit of pixelation though. I'll trade that for upgrade from SD to HD.

Each HD-LIL spot has 6 channel numbers set aside. It's assumed the other 2 channels will eventually be PBS and CW, so that would be 8 and 61.

AFAIK, 3 (KTVK) doesn't broadcast anything in HD. It's doubful that any Indie stations will get carried in HD for many years.

Me and my wife think the Dish HD Phoenix channels are better than OTA ones. I have a 211 for Dish and a H10 for DTV that I get OTA with and the Dish channel looked a lot better to us. Also channel 3 does do some baseball in HD. I watch part of a game in HD a couple of weeks ago.

AFAIK, 3 (KTVK) doesn't broadcast anything in HD. It's doubful that any Indie stations will get carried in HD for many years.[/QUOTE]

That is false....D-Backs home games are in HD.

BTW PHX OTA stations do look better than the Sat feeds. It is a close call, but I prefer the OTA feeds.

Each HD-LIL spot has 6 channel numbers set aside. It's assumed the other 2 channels will eventually be PBS and CW

What's CW?? Is that the new WB/UPN thing that's happening??

seminole2001 said:
AFAIK, 3 (KTVK) doesn't broadcast anything in HD. It's doubful that any Indie stations will get carried in HD for many years.

That is false....D-Backs home games are in HD.

BTW PHX OTA stations do look better than the Sat feeds. It is a close call, but I prefer the OTA feeds.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...I didn't know that because I can't get ANYTHING OTA. I went to their webpage before I posted and made a cursory look around and didn't see anything about HD.

So that means KTVK is the ONLY Phoenix channel that I know of producing anything in HD. Maybe they should make room for it.

That's pretty sad for a top 15 market. I know there's at least one station in Vegas considering going all HD for local news. That's market #48...and this station isn't exactly top rated.

I think that Fox produces the D-Backs games for 3TV. They use all the Fox Sports graphics for the games.

BTW I think that 12 News is in HD.

12 news wasn't hd last time I saw it. The funny thing with channel 3 is they use Cox to get the HD feed from the stadium to channel 3 but cox does not offer the games to their own customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts