625 tv1 modulation problem

B

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Having trouble using tv1 coax output to connect my main tv. I keep getting moving white lines regardless of selecting channel 3 or 4. When I select channel 3, I get rolling white lines running from top to bottom of the screen. When I select channel 4, I get rolling white lines running diagonally. I had the installer come back & he called them scan lines due to the tv being several years old. I didn't have this problem with the 508. Tv2 does not have this problem. Anyone have any ideas?:mad:

D

Dish Dude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2005
One is your syhstem grounded? 2 is the plug in used by the receiver and TV grounded(3 prong)?
3 have you tried a different TV to verify it is the reciever?

B

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
The dish is grounded outside with a copper post in the ground. Yes, the tv & receiver are plugged into a monster power center. No, I haven't tried a different tv. The same tv had a 508 connected via coax using channel 4 with no problem. The only thing that has changed is the staellite receiver.

K

kdarcangelis870

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 5, 2005
Are you using the coax cable that came with the receiver? I have had the same problem with the factory coax like you are describing and it was fixed when I used my own coax.

webbydude

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
Another option...but it's a band-aid fix at best. Try running RCA cables instead of coax to your television. This only works if you have RCA inputs on said television