625 tv1 modulation problem

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Having trouble using tv1 coax output to connect my main tv. I keep getting moving white lines regardless of selecting channel 3 or 4. When I select channel 3, I get rolling white lines running from top to bottom of the screen. When I select channel 4, I get rolling white lines running diagonally. I had the installer come back & he called them scan lines due to the tv being several years old. I didn't have this problem with the 508. Tv2 does not have this problem. Anyone have any ideas?:mad:

One is your syhstem grounded? 2 is the plug in used by the receiver and TV grounded(3 prong)?
3 have you tried a different TV to verify it is the reciever?

The dish is grounded outside with a copper post in the ground. Yes, the tv & receiver are plugged into a monster power center. No, I haven't tried a different tv. The same tv had a 508 connected via coax using channel 4 with no problem. The only thing that has changed is the staellite receiver.

Are you using the coax cable that came with the receiver? I have had the same problem with the factory coax like you are describing and it was fixed when I used my own coax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)