Anyone Got a Dish Pointed at 40.5°W?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks Brian, haven't used MED for quite a long, now I recall why.
Andrew, I have sent you the 40W excel file with all the channels; 191 combined radio/TV, almost 131 TV chs. If you are insterested in Spanish channels, there are a few good HD with lots of movies in 55W, some interesting in 58W ( Deutsche Welle, etc.) plus plenty in 113, 116, 121, 123. Also Azteca links in 99, 101, etc. And a few more in Hispasat.

I sent also my database with all the chs. I have scanned 30w-127 ( deleted 127's since all are scrambled). Feel free to use it if you want. You can see them with the Ali Editor or MEDs that can be found under the forum FTA Receivers Support/microHD FAQ: Channel Editing Software:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/microhd-faq-channel-editing-software.286548/

Attachments

• Channel List 40W SES-6.xls
    75 KB · Views: 116
  • userdb.zip
    107.1 KB · Views: 79
Thanks Brian, haven't used MED for quite a long, now I recall why.
Andrew, I have sent you the 40W excel file with all the channels; 191 combined radio/TV, almost 131 TV chs. If you are insterested in Spanish channels, there are a few good HD with lots of movies in 55W, some interesting in 58W ( Deutsche Welle, etc.) plus plenty in 113, 116, 121, 123. Also Azteca links in 99, 101, etc. And a few more in Hispasat.

I sent also my database with all the chs. I have scanned 30w-127 ( deleted 127's since all are scrambled). Feel free to use it if you want. You can see them with the Ali Editor or MEDs that can be found under the forum FTA Receivers Support/microHD FAQ: Channel Editing Software:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/microhd-faq-channel-editing-software.286548/
Vondertrenk, I just checked out this list in the channel editor, and I'm surprised at all the channels you're getting. You're telling me that you get all these with just a 6' dish? That list is impressive for 40.5W.

Great pictures and installation Vondertrenk..I would like to know what satellite (linear) you are aiming when your secondary LNB (circular) is aiming to Ses 6 40.5W. I would like to try this on my solid 8 ft
thanks

Great pictures and installation Vondertrenk..I would like to know what satellite (linear) you are aiming when your secondary LNB (circular) is aiming to Ses 6 40.5W. I would like to try this on my solid 8 ft
thanks

Solid 8 ft dish! you are bullying me. Does it have a polar or fixed mount?

I believe it is close to 50 deg. However if your dish is fix, there is a lot of chance that you can try, for example anyone within that range, 43, 47 or 50. Or you may want to push your luck and try 55 W with some HD channels and a lot of spanish there also.
Note: I tried to PM you in the past, to send you the list I promised, but was not able, not sure what happenned

Vondertrenk, I just checked out this list in the channel editor, and I'm surprised at all the channels you're getting. You're telling me that you get all these with just a 6' dish? That list is impressive for 40.5W.
I forgot to mention and I have to be honest here; I don't get all simultaneously. Some, for example TV Isla, only shows up in winter (I may need to paint my dish with a darker color to reduce the sun effect in summer). However, I still receive about 90-95% in good shape most of the time.

Reactions: Andrew K
Vondertrenk.
So. You are adjusting the Ses 6 40.5W itself..Not using your primary Lnbf.. right?.

No. I am not bullying to you. You are bullying me with those quantity of channels on your 6 ft..:bow. (as secondary LNBF)
I have 8ft Ws international modified with sadoun polar mount. I am still working with The project. I can get some satellites on the atlantic region under 58.0W but right now I am on the "curve of apprenticeship" of motorized systems.:coco..
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...2-4-mts-dish-need-advice.322558/#post-3416214
Another parameter that I have to" fight" is that my antennas are mounted on the ground and the Roof of the house is blocking my signals.:confused:
I have My sadoun 6 ft (with geosat c2 lnb) aiming to 40.5W. And I have to admit that this project I have spent a lot time to adjust and readjust my signals because sometimes i am lost my funny vallenato channels.:music..Yes, Circular polarity is "crazy" and a lot circumstances around included my installations.o_O
I have noted that in sun days some channels are lost and came back on cold or cloudy days.. I have read that the sun beams affect the circular polarities. What I dont know if this situation is happening on the sky or in the antenna. Right now I have 50 clear channels but my goal always is 75-90 (this quantity I got in the past).
Is interesting to note on your list is not appear the argentina public Channels like QM, AyM Sports, Argentinisima satellital. Normally I got this channels on my system. I would to know why is not appear on your list. Some channels I got through manual scan on openbox s9 hd.
My Pm is working. I dont know either what happened. but I have saved your channel list from your Micro Hd current file. Thanks:biggrin
Vondertrenk
How was your improvements during switching the LNBF brand to titanium?
What brand of LNBF have you used before?.
If you want to know the most recent updates on atlantic satellites look in this page:
http://www.portaleds.com/espanol/
Vallenato

Last edited:
I forgot to mention and I have to be honest here; I don't get all simultaneously. Some, for example TV Isla, only shows up in winter (I may need to paint my dish with a darker color to reduce the sun effect in summer). However, I still receive about 90-95% in good shape most of the time.

Thanks for the info Vondertrenk. Are a lot of these channels on 40.5W just feeds?

I think that eventually I'll go all out and install an 8' dish, but this probably won't be soon. I have to be fully committed, so this means cutting down a 60' tall tree in my yard (which I really don't like anyways). Then I'll have a clear view to put a motorized C-band dish from 30W to around 130W. My nosey neighbor may comment on having a large dish, but I don't care... I don't live in an HOA community.

Reactions: Vondertrenk
Ok, I am the bully ::deadhorse3:deadhorse3:censored

Wild scanning will not discover all the channels for you, I have obtained more than 30% of the channels by manually creating the TPs and scanning them individually. It does work very well 80-90% of the times. If that fails, You can also write yourself the channel information, and sometimes it works.
In terms of the argentinian channels, I did get them before, but I did have to rotate the LNBF, however by doing it I did loose some other channels. ( someone said in another thread that circular polarized LNBFs were immune to rotation because of the nature of the signal, however I do believe that this is not true, there is another factor called phase; please someone correct me if I am wrong but I do believe that the incidental angle is very important when the signal hits the cavity. Sort of inserting a screw on a bolt; if the thread is out of phase, the screw will not "screw" :fencingthe bold)

Ahhh and let me insert this sign, first time I see it!!! :canada Ohhhh Canada!!!

Last edited:
Are a lot of these channels on 40.5W just feeds?
This satellite has a lot of channels mostly from South america countries. Few channels are english language. Some from Brasil..The feeds are not Daily-Normally but when is happening good "deals" you can watch. Yes 6 ft is good but 8 ft could be better.

Thanks for the info Vondertrenk. Are a lot of these channels on 40.5W just feeds?

I think that eventually I'll go all out and install an 8' dish, but this probably won't be soon. I have to be fully committed, so this means cutting down a 60' tall tree in my yard (which I really don't like anyways). Then I'll have a clear view to put a motorized C-band dish from 30W to around 130W. My nosey neighbor may comment on having a large dish, but I don't care... I don't live in an HOA community.
If I can be of any help, more than happy. Except for cutting the tree !

Ok, I am the bully ::deadhorse3:deadhorse3:censored

Wild scanning will not discover all the channels for you, I have obtained more than 30% of the channels by manually creating the TPs and scanning them individually. It does work very well 80-90% of the times. If that fails, You can also write yourself the channel information, and sometimes it works.
In terms of the argentinian channels, I did get them before, but I did have to rotate the LNBF, however by doing it I did loose some other channels. ( someone said in another thread that circular polarized LNBFs were immune to rotation because of the nature of the signal, however I do believe that this is not true, there is another factor called phase; please someone correct me if I am wrong but I do believe that the incidental angle is very important when the signal hits the cavity. Sort of inserting a screw on a bolt; if the thread is out of phase, the screw will not "screw" :fencingthe bold)
Ahhh and let me insert this sign, first time I see it!!! :canada Ohhhh Canada!!!
On my Case I lost or gain channels through the adjust the Focal Point F/D ratio (push in or push out LNBF).. The specification of the sadoun 6ft antenna said 0.38 and right now I am on 0.32. This parameter have been moved a lot of times always looking the best signal reception for the channels. Regarding to rotate I am not seeing big improvements (like ku band)but Right now I have my LNB little bit rotated to the left.
On this Installation I have the project to modify the dielectric plate to "arrow plate" or "T form plate" always looking to improve. I have tried some but no results yet. One Big problem on this is to find any tool to cut the acrylic or hard materials. The problem is cut in curve and refine. I have tried some tools from Home depots & lowes but it does not work.

I tried multiple materials and always came back to the original plate. I noticed that the closer to the lid, the less attenuation I get.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts